Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
joexner
Paper Tape
Views: 2,722
Message 1 of 7

X260 battery priority (Power Bridge)

My new X260 uses the internal battery before the external, hot-swappable battery. How can I change this?

I'm on the newest BIOS (1.19?) and Ubuntu Xenial.

MarkSchieldrop
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,673
Message 2 of 7

Re: X260 battery priority (Power Bridge)

I have a similar situation but while running Windows 10. I posted a thread. I managed to get the machine to charge the internal battery ahead of the external battery, which is supposed to be normal behavior, by disconnecting the external battery and charging just the internal battery. When the internal was charging and the machine was still running, I reconnected the external battery and the internal battery continues to charge wile the external waits its turn. I'll let you know what happens once I'm charged up and disconnect the ac adapter and which battery starts to drain first.

joexner
Paper Tape
Views: 2,667
Message 3 of 7

After a reboot, the first in a while, my laptop seems to have righted itself and is now using up the removable battery first. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MarkSchieldrop
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,656
Message 4 of 7

My machine is working normally too. Odd. But I'm glad it's working right.

Former Employee
Views: 2,562
Message 5 of 7

Think Engineering has identified an issue on X260 and T460 ThinkPads where the internal battery discharges before the external battery, instead of the external battery discharging first as designed.

A solution will be made available via BIOS release. I will post again when I receive the publish date.

Thank you,

shinewu
What's DOS?
Views: 2,518
Message 6 of 7

I have the same problem with joexner, but the problem still exist. When will Lenovo release new BIOS or fix the problem? It's really bothering me.
Former Employee
Views: 2,474
Message 7 of 7

In response to customer reports that the internal battery discharges before the external battery, instead of the external battery discharging first as designed, on X260 ThinkPads, Lenovo has released a solution via BIOS update.

CHANGES IN THIS RELEASE

Version 1.21

[Problem fixes]

- Fixed an issue related to incorrect battery charge/discharge sequence.

BIOS v. 1.21 can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-X-Series-laptops/ThinkPad-X26...

Thank you,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors