05-29-2019

GB

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 2

X260 copy paste beep issue

2019-05-29, 9:27 AM

My X260 (signature edition, 2015) has a problem with copy/paste commands.

I normally have the Fn/Ctrl keys swapped in the BIOS, and recently when I try to copy/paste I get a beep and then random things happen in whichever program I am using, whether chrome, excel or powerpoint. None of the programs crash, but in powerpoint for example using the copy keyboard command adds a new section. In excel the cell contents vanish, in chrome it tries to save content rather than copying.

I've swapped the keys back over and it works fine, but I would appreciate being able to swap the ctrl/Fn keys again.

Options

222 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

155 Signins

855 Page Views

• Views: 855
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X260 copy paste beep issue

2019-05-30, 13:05 PM

Hi X260Pete! Thanks for posting in our community. Could you please go to BIOS and then check if you set the F1-F12 as Primary Function Enabled in bios? If not, please try it and then check if there are changes. Thanks. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete