Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kazuma
Paper Tape
Views: 1,177
Message 21 of 25

Re: X270 Bios Update v1.11 Broke my M.2 SSD (WWAN slot) HardDrive

TS128GMTS400 does support in x270 ? i've one but can use about 3-4 hours then bosd and bios can not detect it.

i change new one then same problem again it kill my ssd.

Highlighted
HawkeyeQ
Punch Card
Views: 1,170
Message 22 of 25

Hello.

When I had tried TS128GMTS400, it was working fine. Now this M.2 is in my T450 (working flawlessly) and I have another, larger one in my X270.

What you are describing seems like an outdated firmware and I'm assuming that you use the M.2 as your boor drive.

Download SSDscope from Transcend's site (https://www.transcend-info.com/Software/378/) and check if you need to update your firmware. Also if you have enabled AHCI. And, of course, make sure you have the latest BIOS update (1.19) in your X270 (https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/r0iuj12ww.exe).

Regards,

HawkeyeQ
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur...

----------------------------
Kazuma
Paper Tape
Views: 1,166
Message 23 of 25

SSD is latest firmware i checked.

waehrik
What's DOS?
Views: 118
Message 24 of 25

Bumping an old thread beacuse it might be useful to others. I found this thread after acquiring an x270 and installing a Lexar NM520 NVMe drive in the WWAN slot. I can confirm that NVMe does in fact work in this slot, you just can't run two of those drives and one disables if you also have one in the regular HDD bay.

But anyways, it worked perfectly with bios 1.31 which was on it when I got it. I then updated to 1.63 and reconfigured the settings to my liking in the bios and this exact issue appeared. Reverting to 1.31 did not solve the problem, so I backtracked. The error message only appeared on a cold boot, restarting or waking from sleep was error free.

As part of my bios changes, I had enabled secure boot and set the boot option to UEFI only for security. I had manually made these changes, but perhaps they were enabled as part of the updates for others in the past? Reverting these settings made the error go away.

TLDR: Disable secure boot and set the boot option to "Both" instead of UEFI

shirazam
Paper Tape
Views: 78
Message 25 of 25

I can confirm that NVMe does in fact work in this slot, you just can't run two of those drives and one disables if you also have one in the regular HDD bay. <<< Did you mean that we can't have two NVMe at the same time in system? One in 2.5 slot with caddy and one in WWAN slot? Is that so? One drive has to be SATA and only then other as NVMe can operate?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors