GB

20 Signins

112 Page Views

• Views: 112
  • Message 1 of 3

X270 Screen

2019-09-07, 12:08 PM

Hi,

My x270 screen keeps suddenly freezing and showing this below. Any ideas how whats causing it and how to fix.

Options

1 Posts

09-10-2019

AU

1 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 2 of 3

X270 freezes when handling

2019-09-10, 4:28 AM

Hello, 

The x270 almost always hangs/freezes when handled. The laptop is about 2 years old but the issue was there right from the start. First, thought was that this is some sort of strange software issue I as owned x60, x61, x220 and had no issues as these things were literally indestructible, so I simply disregarded an hardware issue entirely for long time. Hence, it took us a while to realize the issue, this is also because the laptop usually sits on the table without anyone moving it, but this has changed recently. 

As the days went we started to realize that the freeze only happens when the laptop is handed to some other person.  When the laptop is sitting still on the desk there is no issue and works as expected. 

When facing the screen the bottom right corner around the fingerprint reader and/or below seems to the affected place. This is the most likely place to hold the laptop when it is handed to somebody.

Unfortunately, the laptop is not under warranty anymore. Any thoughts on what to do to resolve this issue?

Thank you

Options

7804 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32434 Signins

1196700 Page Views

• Views: 1196700
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: X270 freezes when handling

2019-09-18, 9:05 AM

Hello

I merged your posts together because there were no responses, I also believe they are very similar and something I've not seen for a while which is often referred to as "flexing" or "one hand garbage" if I recall correctly. It was quite an issue on the T40, 41 etc. systems back then. I guess the solution is to open a service ticket or, alternatively, remove and reseat any internal components individually to see if a potential culprit can be found and then decide if any further action can be taken to prevent the symptom.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete