US

122 Signins

1634 Page Views

• Views: 1634
  • Message 11 of 12

Re: X270 Triple Montiors

2018-02-02, 4:45 AM

wrote:

Yeah, one of them has to be VGA. The first DisplayPort and the HDMI port are "paired" together, so that you can only use one of those two. Then the other DisplayPort and DVI port are also paired, so again it's one or the other. Then the VGA port is on it's own.

I'm writing back to confirm that this info solved it for me. JoeyH, thank you very much!

The VGA connection supports 1080p, which is the resolution of my HDMI and DP monitors, so all is well for now.

Options

1 Posts

05-29-2020

US

1 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 12 of 12

Re:X270 Triple Montiors

2020-05-29, 22:15 PM

Hello All,

I have a thinkpad X270 with a dock.  I am trying to connect two external monitors but the laptop only detects two monitors one being the laptop screen and the other being the Dell 27" external monitor. The second Dell 27" monitor gives me an error message no HDMI Signal from HDMI 1.  But when i connect an old monitor via VGA i get three screens in the display settings.  

The Configuration I am using is as follows:

1. DP to HDMI for the first external monitor
  2. DVI to HDMI for the second external monitor (NO HDMI SIGNAL FROM YOU DEVICE)

But when i connect an old monitor via VGA in the display settings i get 1,2,3, displays. Can it be that i can only use one display port from the dock at a time.

thanks,

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete