Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toi_classified
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,448
Message 1 of 5

X270 battery life (3 cell + 3 cell)

Hi Lenovo experts - I am having a strange issue with my new X270 laptop. I have been using it for over 3 weeks now. The X270 came with an integrated Li-Ion 3-cell battery (23 Wh) and also an external Li-Ion 3-cell battery  (23 Wh). With very light usage (just outlook and office apps) and brightness set to 25%, I can barely get 2h-2.5h of battery life. Is this normal? Per the PSREF, 3+3 cell should give me ~13h of battery life.  Anything else I can check?

I did a 'battery report' and I see on average 45 Wh of charging capacity when active. However 'Battery life estimates' show between 2h-3h at full charge. 'Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS install' is showing 3:50. 

Do I have a defective battery? Any advice appreciated!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,430
Message 2 of 5

Re: X270 battery life (3 cell + 3 cell)

It sounds like a defective battery to me.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
toi_classified
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,418
Message 3 of 5

Thanks a lot. I will call Lenovo support.
toi_classified
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,250
Message 4 of 5

Lenovo tech came out and replaced both internal and external battery. I still see 2h-3h battery performance with light use. Now Lenovo is suggesting that I should replace the motherboard. Is this a known issue with the X270s?
Aguilapab
Paper Tape
Views: 878
Message 5 of 5

I am having a likely issue. After fully charging the battery, the indicator value jups from 3hrs. to 7 hrs. to 12 hrs. and back again to 2hrs.. This is driving me nuts, because i travel a lot and i bought this computer because of its battery life and reliablity... any advice?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors