Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toi_classified
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,246
Message 1 of 5

X270 battery life (3 cell + 3 cell)

Hi Lenovo experts - I am having a strange issue with my new X270 laptop. I have been using it for over 3 weeks now. The X270 came with an integrated Li-Ion 3-cell battery (23 Wh) and also an external Li-Ion 3-cell battery  (23 Wh). With very light usage (just outlook and office apps) and brightness set to 25%, I can barely get 2h-2.5h of battery life. Is this normal? Per the PSREF, 3+3 cell should give me ~13h of battery life.  Anything else I can check?

I did a 'battery report' and I see on average 45 Wh of charging capacity when active. However 'Battery life estimates' show between 2h-3h at full charge. 'Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS install' is showing 3:50. 

Do I have a defective battery? Any advice appreciated!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,228
Message 2 of 5

Re: X270 battery life (3 cell + 3 cell)

It sounds like a defective battery to me.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
toi_classified
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,216
Message 3 of 5

Thanks a lot. I will call Lenovo support.
toi_classified
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,048
Message 4 of 5

Lenovo tech came out and replaced both internal and external battery. I still see 2h-3h battery performance with light use. Now Lenovo is suggesting that I should replace the motherboard. Is this a known issue with the X270s?
Aguilapab
Paper Tape
Views: 676
Message 5 of 5

I am having a likely issue. After fully charging the battery, the indicator value jups from 3hrs. to 7 hrs. to 12 hrs. and back again to 2hrs.. This is driving me nuts, because i travel a lot and i bought this computer because of its battery life and reliablity... any advice?

Top Kudoed Authors