NL

4 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 1 of 2

X270 display replacement under warranty

2018-03-16, 9:09 AM

Hi,

I am relatively new to the thinkpads, but really enjoying my new X270. 

The only problem that I have is that mine came with a 1366x768 display. I thought this would be fine as I am using the laptop only for text editing and statistical analyses, but it on using it for a while I realize that I would like to update this to a full HD display.

Now the issue is that I have three year on-site warranty that I do not want to lose. My question therefore is:

- how can I update the screen without using warranty? I know it is FRU, so that it must be installed or replaced only by trained service technicians, but I am not entirely clear on what trained service technicians means. Does this imply that I have to have it replaced by one of the lenovo registered companies that also perform warranty or can I have it replaced by a local computer shop? The latter would be way easier for me as I live in Amsterdam where there is no Lenovo service provider, but many shops around.

- Is there a list somewhere of the screens that would be compatible with my device? I've tried finding such a list online, but have been unable to do so. (model = 20K5S0VM00).

All help is really appreciated!

Options

2 Posts

03-16-2018

NL

4 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X270 display replacement under warranty

2018-03-16, 10:09 AM
And as a small third question: will a screen replacement also require a different video cable?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save