LT

15 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 1 of 2

X270 external monitor flickering issue

2019-04-06, 23:30 PM

Hello,

I have a Thinkpad x270 laptop running Windows 10.

Laptop is connected to external DELL P2719H monitor through HDMI cable. Resolution is Full HD. 

I am using wireless keyboard and mouse.

I have updated all the drivers in 2 steps - first, I did "Windows Updates", and then, second, I went through all devices in "Device Manager" in order to update all the remaining drivers. 

Problem is the following -  my display has flickering issues. Generally it happens when I move the mouse. You can see this on the video below. Flickering on the video bellow happens when I go over the small video built-in into the website. This happens couple of times per day. I thought that it might be caused by wireless mouse or HDMI cable or Display, but my testing showed that

a) similar flickering issues sometimes happen with mouse turned OFF and disconnected from the laptop and

b) I don't experience such issues with the same HDMI cable, same DELL P2719H display, but with different laptop running Windows 7.

So I think it might be caused by x270 or Windows 10 problems.

What are your thoughts? What troubleshooting steps could be made?  

Options

72 Posts

12-18-2017

CN

472 Signins

2112 Page Views

• Views: 2112
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X270 external monitor flickering issue

2019-04-17, 6:59 AM

Dear Olegovich, Welcome to Lenovo forum, X270 just release a new BIOS to web, could you have a try? thank you https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x270/downloads

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete