Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrobert
Blue Screen Again
Views: 166
Message 1 of 3

X270 won't power on

I   replaced the keyboard of my X270, not realising how much more difficult this process was than on an X230. I got everything working, and it powered up fine. 

But my X270 wont power on. It recognises the AC adapter. Pushing the emergency powerup pinhole next to the battery doesn't work either. 

I suspect that the power button is not working. I opened up the laptop to investigate, and found that a connector around the area of the power button is damaged (pictured).  The wire seems to have detached from the smaller connector. 

My questions:

Is this connector related to the power button? 

Can I find a replacement, or repair with soldering? 

Where can I find a map of the motherboard so I can confirm what this part is myself

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 139
Message 2 of 3

Re: X270 won't power on

I don't have an x270 to compare, so I am having a difficult time understanding the orientation to see what's going on.  Things aren't making sense to me.  Am I correct that the picture shows the machine with the bottom cover off and the motherboard still in place???  We are looking at the underside of the keyboard bezel?  The hinge is the right hinge (the left side looking upside down) near to the power button.  Is that true?  The button in the photo looks like the emergency reset.  I cannot tell what's broken

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
wrobert
Blue Screen Again
Views: 130
Message 3 of 3

Re: X270 won't power on

The first picture is a closeup is the top left corner of the underside of the machine. 

Attached is the underside of the machine. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors