Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanPratt
What's DOS?
Views: 124
Message 1 of 2

X280 Laptop - issue with using Think Centre screens

Hi Everyone - hope someone can assist.

Where I work, most of us have X260 laptops where we connect to Think Centre screens by means of DP to Mini DP cables. Like every screen has one permanently in the back of it.

Problem I have now, is some staff are starting to get the X280 laptop which doesnt have the mini dp port on it.

I've tried a couple of mini dp to USB-C adaptors from Amazon and they aint worked very well / if at all.

First of all - the display port to minidp cables have to stay - the majority of my staff have the x260 laptops, so I think I need some kind of adaptor.

Which adaptors deffo work with lenovo kit?

Many Thanks

Ian

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 71
Message 2 of 2

Re: X280 Laptop - issue with using Think Centre screens

I don't have an X280 to try, but I have found that the standards for USB-C are not all implemented the same way for all manufacturs - What is standard for one brand isn't standard for another.  I have tried some non-Lenovo USB-C  -> DP and USB-C => HDMI and all I can say is that some work and some don't.  I would try a Lenovo adapter. I found it in the accessory compatible matrix which can be found through google.  The part number I found is 4X90Q93303

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors