Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
efulton
Paper Tape
Views: 435
Message 1 of 5

X280 Pen

Does the Active Pen 2 work with the x280? If not, will any other pen work with it?  

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 324
Message 2 of 5

Re: X280 Pen

Hi efulton!

Welcome to the community forums.

It doesn't show that the Lenovo Active Pen 2 is compatible with the Thinkpad X280. If you have the touchscreen variant of this laptop, you can use a capacitive type of pen that will replicate the touch screen feature of your laptop.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

efulton
Paper Tape
Views: 302
Message 3 of 5

Does that mean the ThinkPad Pen Pro will work?  It's a capacitive type of pen as well.

GomJabbar
Punch Card
Views: 294
Message 4 of 5

I cannot answer your question directly. Although I do have an X280, but I do not use the touchscreen feature on mine (I wish I could shut it off completely!).

There is a ThinkPad Option Matrix you can download and open in Excel to find compatible assessories for your model ThinkPad. Unfortunately it does not show any of the Lenovo pens as being compatible. Nevertheless, I suspect that a capacitive-type pen as suggested above would probably work.

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/options_iso/ocm_january_2019_revisedv1.xlsx

efulton
Paper Tape
Views: 240
Message 5 of 5

Just to follow up and in case anyone else is looking for a solution, the Adonit Dash 3 works.  To my suprise, it also works with the ThinkVision USB touchscreen LT1423p.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors