Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rossaj
What's DOS?
Views: 5,227
Message 11 of 16

Re: X300 WAN Access and GPS (in Europe)

Thanks for the info!

Mind you - I'm not sure how much I trust the training videos. What the insert/remove SIM demonstration - The SIM is the wrong way up!!

Thanks,

Alan
SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 5,225
Message 12 of 16

the SIM is either upside down to keep from showing the carrier logo or it's a mistake.   i'm willing to give the technician the benefit of the doubt and say that he did it on purpose. Smiley Wink

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

Kamika007z
Punch Card
Views: 5,158
Message 13 of 16

andyP,

I just called Lenovo regarding FRU 42T0931 as you mentioned, and a person from the tech support staff spoke to a higher up, who said that these cards are locked and that they themselves do not offer unlock codes because it would void warranty.

I also called the parts dept. and said that it was in stock for $365.00.

I heard from someone else that this card is unlocked from forum.thinkpads.com forums.  Could this be this true or we won't be able to tell unless someone purchases it and tries it out?

Also, one last question: What steps do you take after installing the card & sim card (T-Mobile) for the X300 machine?

I appreciate your time Smiley Happy

Thanks again,
-Kamika007z
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 5,155
Message 14 of 16

Kamika007z, welcome to the forum,

Quoting an article about the X300 in the FAZ "Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung", a serious German newspaper,

"Nach Auskunft der Pressestelle hat das UMTS-Modul keinen Sim- oder Net-Lock und funktioniert auch in anderen Netzen - aber nicht mit dem Lenovo-Programm."

My translation; "According to the Press Office the UMTS Module has no Sim- or Net-Lock and can be used in other networks, but not with the the Lenovo program."   (vkyr - you're welcome to edit) 

Which program they are referring to I don't know. As I stated I have configured T61 and X61 TPs with T-Online using Access Connections without encountering any problems. I'd gladly try it for you in my X300, but I don't have a T-Online sim-card.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Kamika007z
Punch Card
Views: 5,125
Message 15 of 16

Thank you andy! I appreciate it. Smiley Happy
ks
Paper Tape
Views: 4,653
Message 16 of 16

I got the x300 too. If I put in the WWAN card from IBM/Lenovo FRU 42T0901 (Unlock) will it work right away without have to change Bios setting /

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors