Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
copwriter
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,651
Message 1 of 2

X301 "Battery 2: there is an error"

I have an X301 2777CTR, purchased from the Lenovo Outlet. The computer was spec'ed as having no internal optical drive, and I assumed the cover over the bay where the optical drive or a second battery would go was just that--a cover with no other function except to keep dust out. Also, when I charged the battery, Power Manager reported only one battery present and charging. I ordered a second battery for the empty bay. When the battery arrived and I went to install it, surprise! A second battery was already there.

Now, knowing that there really are two batteries in the computer, Power Manager shows "Battery 2:  there is an error."  I can't find any reference for this error message on these forums or in the Lenovo troubleshooting files. How do I get Power Manager to recognize the second battery and report its charge and health state? 

copwriter
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,630
Message 2 of 2

Re: X301 "Battery 2: there is an error"

It looks as though I have solved my own problem. I set Power Manager to do a battery reset of Battery 1. When it was done (draining and then recharging to 100%), Power Manager showed Battery 2 partially discharged, but in good condition. I am now running a reset on Battery 2. Assuming that results in the remaining battery being calibrated to the computer, I should be in good shape.

Thanks for all those that read the message, in any event. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors