Did you mean: 
blt4al
What's DOS?
Views: 1,850
Message 1 of 10

X380 + USB-C Dock + 2 external monitors

Hello.

Hoping you can help me here...

I have an X380 Yoga with the USB-C dock.  I bought 2 ACER monitors, each with 2 HDMI ports.  Using HDMI-to-DisplayPort adapters, I have both plugged in to the dock, yet I can only get one of the monitors to actually display anything.  This is all being with my laptop display in use, so I'm not sure if that is coming into play.

Any assistancce/insight you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry

Daphne, AL

Moderator note: post moved to X forum.  Subject edtited to reflect model.  Was:  Re: Yoga 370 & Type C Dock with 3 monitors

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,726
Message 2 of 10

Re: X380 + USB-C Dock + 2 external monitors

Hi blt4al! Welcome to our forums community. Are you referrring to this particular USB C docking station: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories/ACC100348? If yes, base on the setup and manual, you can only use 1 external monitor for the display port. You can use the VGA port for the second monitor. Please refer to the link below for the setup: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories/ACC100348 and the user guide here: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/options_iso/tp_usbc_dock_sp40l36280_ug_en.pdf. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Kimtech
Paper Tape
Views: 1,161
Message 3 of 10

I have a Yoga X380 connected to a USB-C dock. When turn Yoga on either from the Yoga or the dock, the displays will not come up. Both external monitors are connected to the displayports on the dock. Now if you turn on the Yoga first and let it come up to a login screen before connecting it to the dock, when you make the connection all 3 displays come up. I have updated the dock and the Yoga and it is not working correctly. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Kimtech

Kimtech
Paper Tape
Views: 1,160
Message 4 of 10

I read the documentation that was listed and could not find any information that, if you have 2 external monitors then you have to use one on displayport and the other on vga. Please clarify?

Thanks,

Kimtech

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,152
Message 5 of 10

Hi!

Thanks for posting in the Community,

Either one for Display Port and one in VGA port, or one monitor for each Display Port. May we know if you're using a VGA / DP connection for both the monitors or it is HDMI capable and you're using an adapter? Kindly download the Thinkpad Monitor INF File, Intel Thunderbolt Driver, and Intel Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt Firmware here,

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Kimtech
Paper Tape
Views: 1,134
Message 6 of 10

The monitors are connected directly to the DP ports on the dock. No adapters used and no vga connection.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,122
Message 7 of 10

Hello!

For troubleshooting purposes and to isolate the problem. Are the monitors working if plugged in directly to the laptop without the usb-c dock? Knowing  the model of the usb-c could also help. 

Kimtech
Paper Tape
Views: 1,119
Message 8 of 10

If I turn on the X380 first and let it come up and then plug it into the dock then the monitors will come up. The dock is the Thinkpad USB-C dock type# 40A9

Kimtech
Paper Tape
Views: 1,118
Message 9 of 10

Per Hectors information I installed the Thinkpad monitor inf, the Intel Thunderbolt driver, and the Intel Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt firmware, but nothing changed.

Kimtech
Paper Tape
Views: 1,085
Message 10 of 10

I have tried the suggestions given so far and it is still not working properly. Any other ideas?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors