cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
achim1989_001
Blue Screen Again
Views: 124
Message 1 of 2

X380 Yoga - Battery capacity halfed after not yet one year of usage and only ca. 80 recharge cycles

Only recently noticed that Lenovo Vantage is showing roughly half of the original capacity for my main laptop battery (29.01 Wh out of 51 Wh). Contacted the Lenovo support via the MTSA tool then but their response was not only slow but also not really reassuring.

After 5 days i got an email with some instructions how to update the power management driver and how to reset the status counter of the battery. Followed that instructions but after updating the driver i was no longer able to reset the status counter. Wrote that to the service contact but that was again 5 days ago...

And the most critical point: my battery guarantee is expiring beginning of August... Help!

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 106
Message 2 of 2

Re: X380 Yoga - Battery capacity halfed after not yet one year of usage and only ca. 80 recharge cyc

@achim1989_001 wrote:

Only recently noticed that Lenovo Vantage is showing roughly half of the original capacity for my main laptop battery (29.01 Wh out of 51 Wh). Contacted the Lenovo support via the MTSA tool then but their response was not only slow but also not really reassuring.

After 5 days i got an email with some instructions how to update the power management driver and how to reset the status counter of the battery. Followed that instructions but after updating the driver i was no longer able to reset the status counter. Wrote that to the service contact but that was again 5 days ago...

And the most critical point: my battery guarantee is expiring beginning of August... Help!

Good day and welcome to the community.

Sorry you're having difficulty.

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend that you call Support, directly, and discuss the situation. My experience in speaking directly with Lenovo Support agents has always been very good.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors