Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_manuel
Paper Tape
Views: 1,132
Message 1 of 16

X380 Yoga: High battery drain when off - again

Hello my fellow ThinkPad friends,

I know that there are already a couple of threads out there concerning high battery drain when the device is completely shut down, but none for the X380 Yoga yet. In some cases (E-Series ThinkPads), a BIOS-Update was released to solve the problem. I would kindly like to ask the Lenovo team to try and figure out whether the same can be accomplished for the X380 Yoga. 

When my device is shut down, it usually drains 10-15% a day, which cannot be a regular thing. Of course, I have tried all the usual stuff:

- Windows Quick Start is off 

- USB-power when off is off

- Wake-On-LAN or USB-C is off

- BIOS updated to R0SET29W 1.13

If you have any other ideas, feel free to post them. Otherwise, I would really appreciate for a BIOS update that might adress the issue. It is kind of annoying charging your device for the weekend knowing that by the next day, you will already have lost 1 to 2 hours of runtime.

Best wishes,

Manuel

Linus58
Fanfold Paper
Views: 862
Message 2 of 16

Re: X380 Yoga: High battery drain when off - again

No answers to this very bad problem ? A lot of money to have a pc that discharge itself in one week when off....very disappointed
RJH1
Paper Tape
Views: 828
Message 3 of 16

Yup, I bought top of the range X380 (almost £2000) and battery is flat in 4 days whilst shut down. No advice or info anywhere (that I can find) Dissapointing :-(

the_manuel
Paper Tape
Views: 754
Message 4 of 16

Ok guys, I think I have good news. Yesterday, I received a BIOS update via Lenovo Vantage which flashed my BIOS to the following version:

R0SET30W 1.14 

I then charged my X380 Yoga to 100%, shut it down and unplugged it. It was shut down for about 16 hours, and after rebooting it this morning I found the device still charged at 100%! This has never happened before, as I usually would have found it with 10 to 12 percent less battery after this period of time. Maybe the BIOS update fixed something!

NB that I still have diasbled fast start, wake-on-lan etc. and put the device in flight mode before shutting down. But as this was not helpful in the past, I really assume that it has to be the BIOS update. I will keep you informed on the issue!

the_manuel
Paper Tape
Views: 692
Message 5 of 16

- Bad news: I seem to have been wrong, after some testing over the last couple of days, nothing has actually changed compared to before the BIOS update. Still losing A LOT of battery charge when shut down, even with everything turned off.... Oh come on...
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 579
Message 6 of 16

All,

Another BIOS update, version 1.16, has been released to the web which includes a fix for a battery drain issue in S5 state if the lid is closed.

BIOS Update Utility for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad X380 Yoga
https://support.lenovo.com/sk/en/downloads/ds502333

BIOS Update (Bootable CD) for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad X380 Yoga

https://support.lenovo.com/sk/en/downloads/ds502335

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

RJH1
Paper Tape
Views: 569
Message 7 of 16

I have just installed the latest bios update (details above) I'll post in a few days to let you know how it goes. 

the_manuel
Paper Tape
Views: 565
Message 8 of 16

Same here.

Interestingly, in the post above a fix for "battery drain when the lid is closed" is mentioned! Actually, that could explain why, with the older BIOS, I once experienced no drain over night (as I wrote after the 1.14 update): The laptop was on my desk with the lid open.  

RJH1
Paper Tape
Views: 561
Message 9 of 16

Fingers crossed eh. But.... just powered up and battery hadn't run down (79%) which is good but I got low battery beeps and it shut down straight away! restarted and now working okay.

Seems to me I may have another battery related problem 

Linus58
Fanfold Paper
Views: 511
Message 10 of 16

About 15 days ago I asked Lenovo for my new yoga lenovo x380 which had this problem and I got my pc  back  today (29/06/18).
They tell me that the battery has been changed ....
I went to the BIOS information and I still have the version 1.14 ....
Now I've updated it to 1.16 and I'll see what happens ...
Very bad from this service, and after all I had the pc without my original box, but a generic one.
I told the store where I bought it  that I would like to have it back.
One of the first recommendations that the seller made me was to keep carefully  the original box for the warranty...
:smileysad:
Lino

Top Kudoed Authors