Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inslt_bb
Punch Card
Views: 376
Message 1 of 6

X380 Yoga Pen Missing/Vectoring Strokes

Hi Lenovo community,

I recently purchased an X380 Yoga, and while testing the pen using the latest Wintab Utility drivers (7.5.2.24) I find that one out of approximately every 30 strokes is not registered, particularly when I'm writing or drawing quickly.  Worse yet, every few minutes or so the pen stops making strokes altogether for about 10 seconds, and pressing the pen down during this time leads to a fat, laggy stroke appearing randomly on the other side of the screen.  This happens regardless of whether my palm is touching the screen, and can be reproduced in laptop or tablet orientation.  It also happens both with the pen that comes with the laptop and with my Wacom Bamboo Ink.

Weirdly, installing the old Wacom Feel drivers on the laptop corrects the problem - I don't encounter any missing or vectoring strokes.  But of course that driver isn't compatible with Lenovo Pen Settings, so I can't change the pressure or map the buttons.  This leads me to think this is a driver issue, but one I can't see a solution to.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Does Lenovo support know about it?  I'd like to try rolling back to an earlier X380 Wacom driver, but can't find them online - can I just use the Thinkpad 370 Yoga drivers instead?

Thanks for the help!

particleman
What's DOS?
Views: 323
Message 2 of 6

Re: X380 Yoga Pen Missing/Vectoring Strokes

Having this same exact issue, including lag and periodic 'phantom' strokes on random parts of the screen when I'm writing. 

Am going to try the other driver suggested, but I'd rather keep all pen functionality...

Have you had any luck?

Thanks!

inslt_bb
Punch Card
Views: 306
Message 3 of 6

Sorry, no - I couldn't find anyone who had a solution available (or even older drivers for the X380) and tried to install drivers for the X370 and X1 Yoga Gen 2. Not only did this not work, but now Pen Settings can't install even if I reinstall the appropriate drivers. I'm going to try a factory reset when I have time, but if that doesn't work I'll probably return the device. The laptop's supposed to be my graphic design machine, and so wonky pen behaviour is unacceptable.
particleman
What's DOS?
Views: 297
Message 4 of 6

Hmm, I tried that Wacom Feel driver you linked to and it seems to be working. I have also been able to adjust pressure sensitivity and map buttons using the Wacom app that installed, so I think this'll work for me. We'll see...
vomster
Fanfold Paper
Views: 278
Message 5 of 6

I have exactly the same problem. 

I also use the same Wacom feel driver that you've linked, and that's the only driver that's works properly on X380 as far as I know. 

In order to use the pen pressure and button settings with the wacom feel driver, you need to delete the lenovo's pen setting app. you need to delete everything regarding wacom or lenovo pen, and then install only the wacom feel driver. Then you'll get the wacom app to set your preference for the pen, including button settings and calibration. 

I am doing fine with this version of driver, but the only thing bothers me is when I have to roll back the driver time to time since the windows updates the driver by itself. 

inslt_bb
Punch Card
Views: 246
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the info! I've returned my X380 for various other bugs and swapped it for an X1 Yoga. If that turns out to be even buggier (ghost touch, etc.) and I try the X380 again I'll keep this workaround in mind.

Hopefully Lenovo releases native drivers that solve the issue someday, as well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors