Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nutpen
What's DOS?
Views: 191
Message 1 of 2

X380 yoga msata SSD?

Hi,

I recently ordered a Thinkpad X380 Yoga. I was wondering whether it is possible to use an SSD with msata form factor in the WWAN card slot.

Thanks in advance.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 174
Message 2 of 2

Re: X380 yoga msata SSD?

Hello and welcome,

I can't find any reference on the web or in the X380 base spec that indicates this is possible.  My guess is NO, but can't really verify one way or the other.

I can say that mSATA should not be part of the conversation.  The WWAN slot is m.2 NOT mSATA.  mSATA has not been used in Lenovo products for several generations.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors