Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X390_Yoga
What's DOS?
Views: 195
Message 1 of 6

X390 Yoga: S key sensitivity issue

The S-key on my brand new X390 Yoga is not working properly. It is not sensitive enough. Can you please let me know what to do about it? I am very unhappy given the pricetag and how much this keyboard is advertised.

MOD: Added issue to title

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 136
Message 2 of 6

Re: X390 Yoga: S key sensitivity issue

Hi X390_Yoga,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Let's isolate if this is a software or hardware issue. Please access the On-screen Keyboard and check if the S is behaving the same way. To access the OSK, go to Start , then select Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard, and turn on the toggle under Use the On-Screen Keyboard.

If the issue persists using the OSK, this is a hardware failure. We recommend calling our local phone support for warranty claims. You can reach them at +44 333-777-3991 (National Rate), option #3 9:00-18:00 Monday-Friday.

Let us know what you'll find out.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

X390_Yoga
What's DOS?
Views: 125
Message 3 of 6

Its obviously not a software issue. As i said, s is not sensitive enough, ie works when pressing hard, but not when just pressing with medium force. The build quality of the keyboard just seems to be subpar

AM-S
Punch Card
Views: 120
Message 4 of 6

Small bits of stuff can get under the key and create a tougher feel/require a harder press. I recommend a can of compressed air--see if you can spray out whatever is blocking the key (but be careful--whatever it is might scoot under another key).
X390_Yoga
What's DOS?
Views: 114
Message 5 of 6

Thank you! I thought about this as well. I would feel more comfortable removing the key and having a look myself. Do you know whether this would impart warranty? Or should I rather just return the whole laptop?

AM-S
Punch Card
Views: 112
Message 6 of 6

You don't need to remove the key.  A can of compressed air will come with a narrow straw, which you can use to direct the blast under the key.  Try it from a few angles and see what happens.  You'd be amazed at the things that can get in through the gap between key and surround and mess things up.  A bit of food, a fragment of a nail paring, a bit of paper.  Depends on your environment.

But the canned air is the cheapest possible fix.  If you try that and it doesn't make any difference, then it's time to think about getting the machine serviced.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors