01-08-2010

BD

9 Signins

117 Page Views

• Views: 117
  • Message 1 of 6

X390 Yoga TrackPoint left button too sensitive, detects press when finger rests

2020-02-03, 11:08 AM

Even while typing the subject line of this thread, I had to retype it a couple of times as the left button triggered unknown clicks on the web page loading another while my left thumb unintentionally and inevitably rested on it. Happening quite frequently with random cliks being registered. Adjusting sensitivity of the trackpoint or touchpad does not have any effect.

I don't see any other settings. Did anyone ever face this? Is there perhaps a firmware/software approach to fix such things? I jut bought this Yoga in November, did not start to really use it since a few days ago and is why I just noticed this way after the return period, and I don't want to go to the hassle of warranty claim if there's a software workaround.

Solved! See the solution
Options

1817 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: X390 Yoga TrackPoint left button too sensitive, detects press when finger rests

2020-02-03, 14:25 PM

Hi schivmeister! Were there any changes or any updates installed before the issue started? Just to make sure everything is up to date on your laptop, please run the update through the Vantage app. Install all detected updates and restar the computer. Check also the Windows pending updates. Select the Start button --> Settings --> Update & Security --> Windows Update.

If the issue is the same, run the hardware test through the Vantage app to check for a possible hardware failure. Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

9 Posts

01-08-2010

BD

9 Signins

117 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

Re: X390 Yoga TrackPoint left button too sensitive, detects press when finger rests

2020-02-04, 13:59 PM

Thanks for replying Jwes! I installed all available updates since I got the laptop. There are no updates at either the BIOS, firmware or software level.

Up until this point I never really used it for more than an hour at a time as I was still setting things up amidst a busy schedule. At first it is easy to dismiss it or not notice it but if you sit down to do some work is right when it strikes you, since there are unwanted clicks and weird things happen.

To verify that this is not a software issue I went into pre-boot diagnostics. True enough, the Lenovo utility for mouse test is detecting the left click on a soft rest of a finger, most reproducible slightly closer to the middle button.

Annoys most frequently in a practical scenario when middle button is pressed for scrolling and then lifted, touching the left button and registering an unwanted left click.

Since it is a hardware issue it looks like I have no choice but to send it in, all after all the setup I did. Still, if there's some low level way to manipulate it I'd be more than happy to live with a workaround. There appears to be no user-level setting for TrackPoint buttons - all settings is for the nub itself.

Options

9 Posts

01-08-2010

BD

9 Signins

117 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2020-02-05, 10:03 AM

Btw, I can't run any hardware test with the Vantage app because such a thing doesn't exist! (Not that it's needed, since the pre-boot diagnostics exist, but I was surprised most things that I recall from earlier or even Solution Centre are not there in Vantage.)

Options

1817 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 5 of 6

2020-02-06, 18:50 PM

The issue seems to be hardware because it persist under the pre-boot diagnostics. You can bring it to any of our authorized service centers: https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/solutions/ht118678. Filter the country and choose the nearest outlet base on your location. You can also reach out to our support: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist for warranty support.

For the Vantage app not having the hardware test feature after a Windows update, you can install this version:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Vantage-Knowledge-Base/New-version-of-Lenovo-Vantage-10-xxxx-is-missing-features/ta-p/4498027.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

9 Posts

01-08-2010

BD

9 Signins

117 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2020-03-11, 23:16 PM
Thanks Jwes, I sent it in. Too bad I couldn't catch this earlier or would've returned it immediately. In fact, such things are downright deceptive because you don't know until you really get down to it. I'm a bit disappointed that I got a lemon when almost everything else seemed to be perfect. Now I have to hope that the replacement is not defective in other ways and my laptop doesn't come back with a hidden flaw I never find out about (just because it's been opened since manufacture).
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete