Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yodabeesh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,450
Message 1 of 8

X60s Unable to power from AC

My X60s decided yesterday to stop taking power from the AC adapter. I am running off of battery power at the moment. I did all of the power troubleshooting steps (removing the battery + trying the adapter; removing components such as memory and hard drive one-by-one, reassembling and powering up; swapped memory; tried 3 different adapters; trying a DIFFERENT battery + adapter) and I have had absolutely no luck.

Can anyone help me out here? I hate to think that I need to send my laptop in for service. I don't have the time for those shenanigans. Smiley Happy

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,449
Message 2 of 8

Re: X60s Unable to power from AC

Probably your connector is shot for some reason (or worse the motherboard), you probably have to send it in for repair.

yodabeesh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,441
Message 3 of 8

Well, I'm able to run off of battery power... so I would hope that my motherboard isn't fried.

Fingers crossed that its the connector. I guess I should be prepared to back everything up and ship it off for repair.

Unfortunately I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and need my laptop!!! URGH.

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,435
Message 4 of 8

i hope you got a spare laptop.

yodabeesh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,425
Message 5 of 8

Pretty simple question here: I see that someone in my area has the SAME EXACT x60s as me. Is it humanly possible for me to just swap out the hard drives and voila, it would work?

Please tell me that the answer is that easy..... sigh.

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,422
Message 6 of 8

as long as the spec is the same then yes you can simply change your harddrive into the other person's X60s
yodabeesh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,371
Message 7 of 8

I was able to locate the same exact X60s for sale in my area... used, for $600USD.

Since I was so desperate, I bought it, swapped the old drive into the newly purchased used-X60s and voila... I'm up and running with no problems. I can go on vacation with some peace of mind now.

I'll continue to troubleshoot the other unit, probably get it serviced, and then just sell it.

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,365
Message 8 of 8

well yeap sell it once you come back, but fix it first obviously.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors