Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElenaNYC
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,016
Message 1 of 6

X61 Crashes after Anniversary Update on Windows 10 Pro

I have a Thinkpad X61 duo core 7673CCU and have been using Windows 10 Pro without any problem until a recent Windows update after it kept crashing with error stopcode netwlv32sys "Driver iqrl less or equal". It says my drivers are updated and I also ran a memory diagnostic test and sfc /scannow with no errors. A Microsoft agent support said rolling back to 1511 version instead of 1607 Anniversary might help so they ran a media creation tool but after verifying the download the option to keep my files was greyed out saying I might have an 'unsupported version'. Then I lost the agent. Would appreciate any suggestions on how to go back to before the update was installed or how else to fix the crashes? Any manual Lenovo drivers that would work even if they aren't meant for x61? On system recovery it says I cannot go back to an old build because 10 days have passed. On the event log under the crash it says 'bug check 0x000000d1 (0x935ac3c0, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x92c8096c). 'Thank you.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 984
Message 2 of 6

Re: X61 Crashes after Anniversary Update on Windows 10 Pro

The netwlv32sys file is part of the drivers for your laptops Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG PCI Express Mini Card, and it does not appear that a driver has been released for it since Windows 7, and thus I doubt one will be coming that supports Windows 10.

If everything else is working fine other than the WiFi adapter, You can probably uninstall the card via Device Manager (making sure to check the box to "Deleted drivers software for this device"), reboot and go directly to the BIOS/Setup and disable the onboard WiFi Adapter and stop the BSODs,

The X61's Intel WiFi card is a PCI Express card that "could" be removed and replaced, but I believe that Lenovo had a whitelist of cards that could be installed on the X61 that prevents you from installing a newer model WiFi card, so you are kind of stuck with obtaining a Windows 10 compatible USB WiFi adapter such as this one.

Best USB Wifi Adapter for Windows 10 (2016 Reviews)

http://www.bestoninternet.com/compute/computers-accessories/usb-wifi-adapter-for-windows-10-reviews/

Good Luck,

ElenaNYC
Blue Screen Again
Views: 932
Message 3 of 6

Thank you; I ordered the adapter as suggested. I got an error saying IP cannot be verified so will have to fix that. But would still like to find a way to unistall the latest Windows update since it was working fine before it.
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 929
Message 4 of 6

Unfortuntely it is not possible to uninstlal the Anniversary Edition after 10 days have passed; and after that period you would need to essentially need to start over and reinstall Windows from scratch.     Individual updates can be uninstalled via the Programs and Features control panel, but it sounds like the update that caused your problems was the Anniversary Edition update, which was a major OS change..

Are you getting the "IP Not Verified" in your browser when trying to connect.is current adapter, or the the USB Adapter, but check the following.     If so, you might try the following

• Right click on the Network Icon in the lower right, and select Open Network and Sharing Center
  • Click on Change Adapter Settings
  • Right click on the icon for Local Area Connection and choose Properties.
  • In the Local Area Connection properties window click on Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4), and then click on properties.
  • In the next window that opened make sure that Obtain IP Address Automatically and Obtain DNS Address Automatically

Back at Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

• Right click on you WiFi Connection and select Diagnose to let Windows try to repair the connection
ElenaNYC
Blue Screen Again
Views: 605
Message 5 of 6

Thanks I have been using the Edimax card a few months and the crashes stopped. But now the same problem is occurring again. What could cause this? Is there a better card that can by pass the issue? Thanks!
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 601
Message 6 of 6

Is the crash information (STOP Code) the same, or is it a different message?    Microsoft just released Windows updates this week, so it may be related to a new update.   

If you can, please attach a small memory dump to a reply, so it can be viewed to see what is causing the BSOD, or if you a place to upload the larger Automatic Memory Dump, it will have been written to the C:\Windows folder and named MEMORY.DMP    Once located, upload it and provide a link.

How to configure Windows to create a small memory dump

• Right Click on Start and select RUN
  • In the Run dialog box, type:  control sysdm.cpl
  • Click on the Advanced Tab
  • Click on Settings under the Startup and Recovery Section

Startup and Recovery.jpg

• In window above, use the pulldown Write Debugging information to change from Automatic Memory Dump to Small Memory Dump (256 KB) and then press OK.

The next time your system Blue Screens, it will write a time and date stamped file into the C:\Windows\Minidump folder which is small enough to attach to a reply using the Choose File option in this forum.

Good Luck,

Top Kudoed Authors