Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ehartanto
What's DOS?
Views: 1,537
Message 21 of 26

Re: X61 battery life

obiously the quality is downgraded. then customer has to pay more for their mistakes.

and they use this situation to make an excuse so they can make big bucks.

what a corrupted battery industry just like american auto industry. 

american car sucks compare to japanese b/c the deliberately made it so they can sell more when its broken and change oil every few miles so oil company can make money too. oil company pay the auto company executive to make car that needs to change oil every few miles.

this is absurd!! no wonder foreign car beat US car in the long run. bye bye GM and chrysler 

ehartanto
What's DOS?
Views: 1,536
Message 22 of 26

18 months  is not good run since x61 tablet is a new technology compared to my old inspiron 8100 that can charge about 4 years plus other old thinkpad that can charge more than 3 yrs.

new tech should bring better tech but not in this case. this is battery manipulation.

customer are forced to spend for low quality battery that wont last more than 2 years so company can make more money.

whats the point of buying thinkpad then ?

ill get other brand if i know this would happen 

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 1,535
Message 23 of 26

The American car sucks??? That is inherently true in the 60s and 70s, where US car manufacturers are the dominant player in the world, since the other major producer of cars in Europe and Japan, just got out of the WW2, where much of their industrial infrastructure was ruined through the war. So the American car company basically had the world to itself, you either buy the car or you don't, there isn't a real alternative. Then Japanese through the help of the American government, developed their wartime manufacturing infrastructure into more peaceful manufacturing infrastructure.

Obviously, the Japanese due to the limited highway road infrastructure and income couldn't really afford to buy their cars, so the Japanese had to push their product into foreign markets, where American car brands are already well established. This forced the Japanese to compete on costs and quality, which helped to keep the cost down on the long run. While, German car makers used their previous manufacturing experience to produce high quality upmarket cars.

American auto industry right now is not functioning efficiently, they maintain too many brands, which must be marketed separately, also each state wants a bigger share of the manufacturing job regardless of whether the market really dictates it or not.

Battery industry is not corrupted, but rather they are too competitive on too many fronts, especially in terms of cost savings. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Views: 1,533
Message 24 of 26

Thinkpads or Inspirion or whatever, the underlying problem is the same, the battery cell quality is dedicated by the big cell manufacturers. The Sony battery debacle started with Dell machines. The laptop technology maybe new, but the battery technology certainly is not. You may get the newest Ferrari or Lexus, but the fuel that powers it is still produced using the same theory that was developed over 50 years ago.
Regards,

Jin Li

ehartanto
What's DOS?
Views: 1,512
Message 25 of 26

So do u have any solution to make battery last longer for lenovo x61 tablet or other line that have poor battery life ?

I already paid $1900 and the warranty for my laptop. the laptop itself is good quality but I cannot stand to spend $159+tax on battery every 1 year and ~ 7 months. 

its just bad investment!! ur laptop value itself is depreciating quickly but at the same time you have to keep buying new batteries in such short period of time.

Views: 1,509
Message 26 of 26

i set the charge cycle to start at below 70% and stop at 95%, also i never run my battery to below 10% charge level, this seemed to help my battery to last for quite a while. If the cells are indeed defective it would usually crawl up, i have had couple of these issues with my X60 and X60s, especially with the Sanyo cells.
Regards,

Jin Li

We're moving

To a new platform very soon

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors