04-24-2008

US

40 Signins

234 Page Views

• Views: 234
  • Message 1 of 2

X61 making a crazy noise after it was repaired by lenovo RMA center

2008-04-24, 6:42 AM
Last time, my computer was blue screen and couldn't load into windows vista. ( Before the blue screen , the system suddenly got crash, the sound icon was displayed as not working, the vista said the sound hardware was stopping working , so I restarted it immdeatly) That was the second time happened in my labtop. Even I have the back up, I'm wondering if the problem was caused by the hardware. So I called lenovo, then sent it back to them. The service was fast. only took 4 days.

After I received it, It was  "repaired". It need to spend about 7-10 mins then I could open the IE and go to the internet. However, the problem was still there.  There was still no sound.
OK, I accepted this, I don't really want to wait for the line for 20 min and sometimes the Rep could end of your convenstaion whenever they want to .

However, it was beginning making the crazy voice (but not constantly) when I plug out the power adpater . At first , I thought the voice was came from the hard drive because I used the some stuff to measure it. Then I called lenovo again, they sent me a other hard drive and I replaced it.
But the stupid noise is still there, It was really bother me.

Please help,

Thanks
Options

213 Posts

12-06-2007

US

431 Signins

7269 Page Views

• Views: 7269
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X61 making a crazy noise after it was repaired by lenovo RMA center

2008-04-26, 2:26 AM
Not really sure if this will work, but check to see if Power Management of the USB root hubs in device manager is enabled. There is a check box that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Check it on all your hubs and see if the noise is still there.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete