Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SunDog
What's DOS?
Views: 1,102
Message 1 of 2

X61 tablet not converting handwriting

Suddenly I find my tablet not able to convert handwriting to text. Running XP Tablet 2005.  Windows Journal will take my handwritten notes, but not convert them to text.  Word and other programs will allow the Input Panel, but only give me the keyboard option; can't select either handwriting option on top left.  Pen seems to be working fine like a mouse, for drawing, and scribbling notes - just can't convert them.  This was working well previously.

Not sure if it relates, but the button click for right-mouse-button options never did seem to work either.  Thanks for your advice.

ps - under warranty and tried getting support through website (total Machiavellian labrynth that keeps dumping me off in dead ends or back to where I started) and through the phone (transferred to Atlanta Customer Svc, which is a disconnected number.  Tried again repeatedly with same result).  Very dissatisfied with customer service from Lenovo; hope this forum works...  /rant

John
tman
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,079
Message 2 of 2

Re: X61 tablet not converting handwriting

My x60  tablet is doing the same thng and I just posted the same question - i was told by lenovo "support" that I would need to do a complete recovery to put the tablet operating system back into working order which of course is a huge pain in the %$&: especially since I'm having trouble with creating a recovery disk - Perhaps someone can help us both on this with a better fix to the handwriting reognition to avoid a recovery

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors