GDAY
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,034
Message 1 of 12

X61s can't restore full back up !

when i try to make restore my system from last system back up
by presing Think vantage butom the sysem restarted and start
to load Windows and bypassing rescue and recovery utility
to start. I sing samthig happen with startup.......
Pls help !
tks in advance !
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 4,019
Message 2 of 12

Re: X61s can't restore full back up !

GDAY, welcome to the forum,

try pressing the F11 button instead of the ThinkVantage button. If that doesn't help you could use the repair utility, a floppy will be required for this.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

GDAY
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,014
Message 3 of 12

Dear Andy!

Many tks for yr msg!
pls b advd before the problems found the Acronis Disk Director Suit
 program was installed on my PC and OS Selector was activated.
Unfortunately self criate one more partition E:\ 15.2 G on the hird disk
before were only C:\ Preloaded and SERICEV001
When the problem with restore were detected self tried to delite
the new partition but were only wiped and letter E: delited but
space 15.2 G still remail like unallocated.
I thing the OS Selector change PC setup file and the buttom
Think Vantage was deactevated and Productivity center
can't load properly.Now the OS Selector program deactivated
but problem still remain.......

Best regards!
Aleksandr

ThinkPad x61s (UK43JRT) HD-160GB RAM-2048 CPU 1600 intel core duo L7500
M6
Paper Tape
Views: 4,012
Message 4 of 12

Dear Andy,

Could you please help me with the F11 button?
I am trying to restore the factory settings, the Lenovo website tells about a hidden partition for this purpose (http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4UFUYK). This process should be initiated by pressing F11 at startup.
The problem is my laptop (X61s 7668-CTO) doesn't do it. 1) there is no message "Press F11 if you want... blablabla" at startup, 2) when I press F11 at startup it enters the same Rescue & Recovery environment as by pressing ThinkVantage button.

I would really appreciate your help. It's 4 am now, and I am trying to complete this (*&^(*ng restore since 12 am.

Thank very much you in advance.
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 4,007
Message 5 of 12

M6, welcome to the forum,

the F11 button performs exactly the same as the ThinkVantage button, you can use either to enter the R&R enviroment.

@GDAY,
which flavour of Windows is / was on your X61? With Vista, the recovery partition needs to be at the "front" of the drive. With XP at the back and the repair utility should hopefully work.
Did you create recovery cds?

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

GDAY
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,005
Message 6 of 12

Hi Andy!

Many tks for prompt reply!
Win XP Pro SP-3  loaded on my X61S.
Unfortunately hav 't  recovery CD'S
have good backup on C: drive

BRGDS
Aleksandr
M6
Paper Tape
Views: 3,968
Message 7 of 12

Dear Andy,

Thank you for the fast response.

1. I see no items in the R&R environment related to the factory default restore. The menus available there are only about restoring from a backup. The help there tells a lot about the factory restore, but I can find no actual menus. Does this mean my particular laptop has no special parition with the default system?

2. The Create Recovery Media program has an option to make recovery CDs, but in only wants an actual CD drive, no network drives or remote CD devices. Is the only way for me to do this buying a USB CD or DVD drive, creating CDs and then using them to restore?

Thank you for your help.
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 3,948
Message 8 of 12

@MS

1. Your TP does have the service partition as you have all the options besides factory restore, BUT, you have another option; first posted by bloo in this forum. If you can still boot to windows run ThinkVantage System Update and let it update itself, (twice I think). Don't bother downloading any updates but shutdown, on restarting and entering R&R the ability to recover to factory should have reappeared.

2. Because of 1 hopefully not necessary, but maybe??

It's probably worth considering getting an USB cd / dvd burner anyway; if you ever have to replace your hard drive you will probably need one in order to install the new drive. It's Murphy's Law that the shops are closed when you need one Smiley Wink

Andy  

Forum Search Option

PepperonI blog 

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 3,963
Message 9 of 12

GDAY wrote:

...snip...
have good backup on C: drive

BRGDS

Aleksandr,

were you able to try the repair utility? It should hopefully fix the problem for you.

Andy  

Forum Search Option

PepperonI blog 

GDAY
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,951
Message 10 of 12

Dear Andy!

M/M/Tks for yr help!
All problems fixed by repair flopy disk.

Kind regapds!
Aleksandr.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors