London, England

3 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 1 of 3

X61s wireless dropping out - yet another - 4965AGN

2009-01-19, 17:31 PM

Hi,

Like many, I also have an X61s, XP Pro- all MS updates installed.  I have downloaded the latest 2009 drivers from the Intel site with the connection application too.  I have unchecked the power management control over the wireless too.

Despite using the Thinkpad update tool- updating BIOS, uninstalling the Thinkpad connections software etc I keep dropping the wireless connection.  Other laptops and PC's on the same router are working fine- all running XP Pro and standard drivers.

The issue is worse when I use on the battery rather than mains.  Even with mains though, as soon as it has disconnected once, that is it- it keeps dropping in and out.

The Intel task bar application shows that a network is available and the signal strength is good- it just looks like the wireless card has vanished.

Please Lenovo- get us a fix for what is a great little machine if it wasn't for this silly problem!  Why do we have to install another (free!) operating system just to use wireless!!

Options

1960 Posts

12-02-2007

AU

9435 Signins

247288 Page Views

• Views: 247288
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: X61s wireless dropping out - yet another - 4965AGN

2009-01-20, 0:36 AM

andythechief wrote:

The issue is worse when I use on the battery rather than mains.

Make sure you have all the Power Management and Access Connections settings related to WiFi set to maximum performance (minimum power saving) settings.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Options

2 Posts

01-19-2009

London, England

3 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: X61s wireless dropping out - yet another - 4965AGN

2009-01-25, 18:45 PM

I had another go at the settings- going through to the device configuration it seems there are more power settings (power saving, roaming aggressiveness etc)- so I have disabled/set to max all these too- seems ok now....so far.  I'll keep you posted.

One thing tho- now I have uninstalled the Lenovo connections software, how do I turn the bluetooth on? I can't find an alternative software switch anywhere....doh!

Andy

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete