Did you mean: 
joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 487
Message 21 of 41

Re: Y1 Yoga 3rd gen - issues with trackpoint drift correction

Here's an example of the problem on an X1 Carbon from user Twang1337's post

https://imgur.com/LCVFRNW

The video starts with the cursor drifting down, after which the user moves the cursor up manually, followed by another ~7 second downward drift. I see exactly the same, with the drift direction going opposite to where I tried to move the pointer. 

I run into this multiple times daily, a fix or at least an acknowledgment of the problem by Lenovo would be much appreciated.

protonot
SCSI Port
Views: 434
Message 22 of 41

A drift of some seconds coming out of a different mode may not be a huge issue and even if it may be annoying it could be part of the normal re-calibration procedure BUT unfortunately IT IS NOT. There is a definite real and serious issue with the way the trackpoint recalibrates both in carbon and yoga x1 (2018 and 2017 versions). This has to be fixed soon and properly. Trying random firmwares with the hope that they will address the issue is not a responsible approach. The firmware has to be specific about what corrects and why. 

jackzh2011
SCSI Port
Views: 383
Message 23 of 41

Still experiencing the drift even after installing the most recent trackpoint firmware update. Before the update, the drift was more associated with mode change, coming out of sleep, etc. Now, however, it could even happen during just normal use. Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Anyone mods could help confirm if it's a known issue Lenovo is fixing? 

Thanks a lot!!

Twang1337
Serial Port
Views: 349
Message 24 of 41

happens with my x1c Gen 6.

Seems can drift accross 70% of the screen. If i move my trackpoint during correction or within 1-2 seconds of it stopping, it will continue to drift in that direction as soon as i take my finger off the trackpoint.

Is this the same behaviour you are experincing?

erkimarious
Fanfold Paper
Views: 345
Message 25 of 41

I am also experiencing what you are describing Twang. Earlier I thought it was when it woke from sleep, but seems it can happen anytime.

Some more information regarding this issue from Lenovo would be appreciated. Are you working on it? Do you make any progres? I paid a lot for a premium laptop and this issue is really hurting my experience. 

jackzh2011
SCSI Port
Views: 334
Message 26 of 41

Twang, yes that's the issue I'm experiencing. Also, when this weird drift is NOT happening, the trackpoint feels very stiff at times and the mouse "bounces back" when I life my finger from the trackpoint.
Twang1337
Serial Port
Views: 288
Message 27 of 41

Anyone from Lenovo can provide an update for x1c gen 6 and the trackpoint drifting issue ? 

protonot
SCSI Port
Views: 282
Message 28 of 41

should i laugh now or a bit later?
Twang1337
Serial Port
Views: 272
Message 29 of 41

One of the guys from lenovo did post little whlie ago that a new firmware is being worked on for X1C Gen 6.

not sure where they are up to...

hybit
Paper Tape
Views: 251
Message 30 of 41

Have the same annoying issue here on my X1Y3 and would really like to have this solved soon. This is a high class business convertible and this bug is seriously damaging the usability, hence the productivity.

Lenovo, please escalate this issue and resolve it quickly.

Top Kudoed Authors