Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
protonot
SCSI Port
Views: 298
Message 51 of 55

Re: Y1 Yoga 3rd gen - issues with trackpoint drift correction

They do their best to make us abandon the trackpoint. However, they do not realize this is what differentiates them from competition. I would never have sold my previous surface pro 2017 to spend 2000 dollars on the Thinkpad X1 Tablet if it was not for the trackpoint keyboard. Lenovo, just WAKE UP!!! I also have the X1 Yoga which i cannot use because of the drift issue. How bad do you treat your dedicated customers? Is this some kind of sadistic fetish you have??

toshex
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 201
Message 52 of 55

+1

Have the same issue. Opening the lid makes the trackpoint drift a lot, before settling down. Switching to tablet mode too, or rotating screen. Heavy trackpoint drifting is prominent on a hourly basis at the least when the scroll button is being used and trackpoint is used to scroll.

EDIT: just to clarify I do have the trackpoint firmware installed, initially it seemed like it improved things a lot but now I am thinking the issues are as bad as before. Will try reinstalling the firmware update.

ChadZahara
Fanfold Paper
Views: 173
Message 53 of 55

I am with you, protonot. One of the reasons I buy ThinkPads is to get the Trackpoint. The fact that they aren't working properly on these new, expensive machines is really depressing. None of the updates have fixed it for me yet. Hopefully they will fix it eventually or else I have less reason to buy ThinkPads in the future.
joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 162
Message 54 of 55

@ChadZahara wrote:
I am with you, protonot. One of the reasons I buy ThinkPads is to get the Trackpoint. The fact that they aren't working properly on these new, expensive machines is really depressing. 

It's bad that we have this bug/undersired behavior, but what is way worse IMO is that there basically doesn't seem to be any interest in addressing this. I would want Lenovo to step in here, and say "please post a video of the problem", and then say either "that's normal behavior", or say "that's not normal, here's how you can send us diagnostics data". The fact that this is not happening reflects badly on Lenovo.   

protonot
SCSI Port
Views: 142
Message 55 of 55

Exactly, this is the point. This is not a minor detail, it is not a bout a bad user who does not know how to handle something in winodows and wastes the time of a Lenovo employee. It is a HUGE and well established issue that we users highlighted and spent time and effort over at the benefit of Lenovo, so that they improve. But they do not think they should improve. They think that losing the most significant advantage over competition is not a big deal and further they do not care about the extremely negative impact of this problem to the user experience and productivity of their most dedicated customers. It is beyond comprehension.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors