Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prerit86
Paper Tape
Views: 1,467
Message 1 of 5

Yellow tint on X1 Carbon (2016) display

I just received my X1 carbon (4th gen) today. The whites on the display have a visible yellow tint. I believe this is related to color management or display calibration. It seems the colors looks correct and good but I would like the whites to look white as well.

How do I solve it?

Captain-Price
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,458
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yellow tint on X1 Carbon (2016) display

Hopefully it isn't a faulty monitor, but try reviewing this link.

http://www.howto-connect.com/adjust-brightness-and-contrast-on-windows-10-desktop/

- Price 

Helping the community by putting the unity, in community.
prerit86
Paper Tape
Views: 1,455
Message 3 of 5

I have been trying this but I feel that I am not an expert and therefore would likely not be able to get the best settings. I am hoping there is some standard setting or set color profile that I can apply. I looked up online and could see various .icc files but none of them worked for me.

Captain-Price
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,452
Message 4 of 5

Yeah, I'm not a huge expert in contrast settings as well. I'd keep looking around on YouTube but do keep in mind, if you can't fix it within a week, refund it (depends on their refund policy). I've had terrible experience with Lenovo products (not the only one either). First 6-9 months they're awesome but after that, you'll slowly start experiencing issues, slowness, crashing, freezing, etc. Just my word of advise Smiley Wink 

- Price 

Helping the community by putting the unity, in community.
JFriend33
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,417
Message 5 of 5

If you click the windows icon, then open lenovo settings, then click the icon of a monitor, there are some settings there for the paper display.  You are probably in some mode that is meant for different lighting. 

It is a nice feature, don't get me wrong, but it was like f.lux and didnt have enough settings to be useful to me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors