cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob218
Paper Tape
Views: 145
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 380 - USBC Dock - External Monitor is hazy/fuzzy, specifically office applications.

Hi, I am a Field Services Technician for my company and I am seeing an issue with the 380s and their docks where when an external monitor is used, that monitor is often fuzzy/hazy. It's still usable but it is hard on the eyes and not pleasant to look at. I have tried everything. I have tried updating to the latest video drivers, I have tried changing monitors, cables, and docks. I have tried setting the display to the external monitor only and having the user log in and out (made it worse) and then I've also tried this method with the laptop sat as the only display (made it better but still degraded). I have tried display cables, VGA cables, and display to DVI cables. Nothing seems to change this. 

If I had to guess I'd say it's some sort of scaling issue between the laptop native resolution and the monitor's native resolution because the laptop display looks pristine but I have seen it to where the external monitor looks pristine and the laptop is the issue. What is causing this and how do I make it stop?  

I'm at a loss and really need this issue to be resolved. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 125
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 380 - USBC Dock - External Monitor is hazy/fuzzy, specifically office applications.

Hello and welcome,

I'm aware of Yogas X380 adn L380, but no Yoga Book 380.  You've posted in the Yoga Book (Windows) forum.  Please confirm your machine model so we can move this thread, or leave here as appropriate.

regards,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Rob218
Paper Tape
Views: 122
Message 3 of 4

Re: Yoga 380 - USBC Dock - External Monitor is hazy/fuzzy, specifically office applications.

This is an X380 sorry. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 118
Message 4 of 4

Roger that.  Moved to X series board.  That seems to be where most of the X380 posts show up.

carry on...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors