Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heythere
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,561
Message 1 of 7

Yoga X1 2nd gen (20JE) + Thunderbolt 3 dock (40AC) - problems

Good morning,

Got my brand new Yoga X1 2nd gen notebook together with the Thunderbolt 3 dock.

I've a problem with the dock. When I connect it, it is recognized but I get a warning that the notebook is not charged and that I should connect the correct charger to the docking station. Moreover, when I connect an external display to the dock (via DP), the external display is not recognized, nor in the display settings nor can I manage to get a singal to the external monitor.

I have installed the latest BIOS for the notebook (v. 1.10), latest Thunderbolt firmware and Thunderbolt drivers. I have rebooted serveral times, uninstalled, re-installed, disconnected etc.... to no avail.

Anyone experiencing the same? Any solutions?

Regards

George

heythere
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,447
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga X1 2nd gen (20JE) + Thunderbolt 3 dock (40AC) - problems

just a short update. Today Lenovo support called me to tell that they will replace the dock. However, since none are in stock this may take some time.

jwschroeder
Paper Tape
Views: 2,342
Message 3 of 7

I'm having the same problem with my just purchased x1 carbon 5th gen.  Everything hooks up fine but I get the same warning re: the charger and it doesn't charge the laptop.

Who did you contact to get this resolved?

heythere
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,322
Message 4 of 7

I called the local Lenovo/Think hotline. It was quite difficult getting hold of that number, found it in the warranty booklet that came with the dock.

Can you connect an external display?

MarkK9
What's DOS?
Views: 2,091
Message 5 of 7

Not sure if this is the same issue.  I've tried both a j5create and a HooToo multi-adapter to connect an HDMI cable from the thunderbolt port to the monitor.  With both adapters, with the laptop logged in, I have to unplug the HDMI cable and then plug it back in to get the laptop to recognize the external monitor.  If the laptop goes to sleep, I have to go through the same process for the monitor to be recognized again.  I was just searching to see if there was a resolution to this when I found your post.  Hope this helps as a work around for now.

Highlighted
heythere
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,080
Message 6 of 7

I got a replacement dock (but not power supply unit) and since then the monitor issue is fixed. However, the power supply issue (notebook not charged) is still unresolved.

BjornMagnus
Blue Screen Again
Views: 821
Message 7 of 7

Yoga X1 2nd gen (20JF) + Thunderbolt 3 dock (40AC) - problems

I got my Yoga X1 2nd Gen last December and then I bought a dock (Model 03X7133,Type 40AC) in January. The dock powers the Yoga but none of the ports (USB-C or USB-3) on the dock works. I did no get the dock to work no matter how I tried. I then got remote desktop assistance from Lenovo support and they updated the firmware but that did not work. Then they sent me a new dock but problem remained. Today they replaced the system board in the Yoga but that did not work. I was the asked to take the computer to the nearest Lenovo service partner but when calling that partner they said did not service it!

Subsequently I was told by Lenovo support to send back the equipment to Lenovo for a repair. They figured that it would take 3-5 days to get it there, another 7 days to fix it and then another 3 days or so to get it back, all in all just about two weeks to get it fixed. I can't be without my computer that long as I work from home so I then got the support agent at Lenovo to escalate my problem and was told that it may take 2-3 days for someone to call me back.

Meanwhile does anyone have a clue as to what might be wrong witth my system?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors