cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jelarvforum
Serial Port
Views: 224
Message 1 of 1

Yoga X1, ThinkPad OneLink+ Dock and 2 External Monitors Not Both Getting 3840 x 2160 Resolution

I have the exact same equipment at home and at work and yet the resolution on my second monitor at work will not go to the 3840 x 2160 that I have at home.

Both locations have:

1. X1 Yoga (first gen, model number 20FQ002YUS) -- It's the same laptop that I take between home and work

2. ThinkPad OneLink+ Dock (model number DU9047S1)

3. Two (2) Asus monitors (model number PB287Q) that go to 3840 x 2160 max resolution, connected to the OneLink+ Dock via DiplayPort cables

I've been running this configuation with NO PROBLEM at home for the past 9 months.  So I recently purchased a new OneLink+ Dock and two new monitors for my work office and while one monitor will go to 3840 x 2160, the other will not go above 1920 x 1080, UNLESS, I use a mini DisplayPort cable from the second monitor directly into the X1 Yoga (bypassing the OneLink+ Dock)

HERE'S WHAT'S BAFFLING: I assumed it was the dock and so I brought the one from home to work and found I had the SAME problem, suggesting it was the second monitor.   But I exchanged the second monitor for a new one and still have the same problem.  The docks are running the most current firmware.

I'll send a gift card to your favorite coffee house if you can solve this mystery.  Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors