Options

26 Posts

01-23-2016

US

49 Signins

450 Page Views

• Views: 450
  • Message 1 of 1

Yoga X1, ThinkPad OneLink+ Dock and 2 External Monitors Not Both Getting 3840 x 2160 Resolution

2017-09-13, 21:45 PM

I have the exact same equipment at home and at work and yet the resolution on my second monitor at work will not go to the 3840 x 2160 that I have at home.

Both locations have:

1. X1 Yoga (first gen, model number 20FQ002YUS) -- It's the same laptop that I take between home and work

2. ThinkPad OneLink+ Dock (model number DU9047S1)

3. Two (2) Asus monitors (model number PB287Q) that go to 3840 x 2160 max resolution, connected to the OneLink+ Dock via DiplayPort cables

I've been running this configuation with NO PROBLEM at home for the past 9 months.  So I recently purchased a new OneLink+ Dock and two new monitors for my work office and while one monitor will go to 3840 x 2160, the other will not go above 1920 x 1080, UNLESS, I use a mini DisplayPort cable from the second monitor directly into the X1 Yoga (bypassing the OneLink+ Dock)

HERE'S WHAT'S BAFFLING: I assumed it was the dock and so I brought the one from home to work and found I had the SAME problem, suggesting it was the second monitor.   But I exchanged the second monitor for a new one and still have the same problem.  The docks are running the most current firmware.

I'll send a gift card to your favorite coffee house if you can solve this mystery.  Thanks!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save