Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zaclab
Punch Card
Views: 1,153
Message 11 of 180

Re: Yoga x1 3rd gen keyboard backlight flickering

Yes fingerprint sensor works usually from second try, when I really carefully put my finger. 

It is nothing like it should be.

zaclab
Punch Card
Views: 1,145
Message 12 of 180

I just submitted support ticket to Lenovo.

In the meantime I reinstalled keyboard drivers and restarted the system, after restart the backlight worked fine, until I closed the lid and opened it, then the flickering started again. I repeated this two times and started the same way. Really weird.

How it starts for you?
thoge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,083
Message 13 of 180

Hi there!

It started exactly the same way.

Are there any News about? It´s pretty annoying. After almost 15 Years of Mac usage, i thought about giving Windows and especially Thinkpads a new chance for Graphic Design Tasks ... maybe a big mistake.

Cheers

zaclab
Punch Card
Views: 1,061
Message 14 of 180

No news, I haven't got any reply from Lenovo except auto reply that ticket has been created. 

Backlight is not flickering at the moment, when it starts I disable it.

Also does anyone knows which drivers are used to activate all the function keys? Some of them work for me but others not. 

I think I installed all drivers from the list but still F7 to F12 don't do anything when I press them.

Cheers.

Syntron
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,053
Message 15 of 180

I have the same issue. No funktion keys F7 - F12. I installed all the drivers from lenovo site, too.

No Flickering last two day´s, till tody, after wake up from sleep the backlight starts flickering. 

zaclab
Punch Card
Views: 1,048
Message 16 of 180

Does anyone notice some kind of chirping noise coming from I believe SSD (when copying many small files)?

It is like some kind of electrical noise I would say. 

It sounds like this - https://youtu.be/KS-BHI667po?t=30s

Is this normal?

thoge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,019
Message 17 of 180

Heyho!

For the No funktion keys F7 - F12 Problem: You need to install the Hotkey Features Integration für Windows

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/de/de/search?query=Hotkey%20Features%20Integration%20f%C3%BCr%20Windows...

YOGAbbagabbro
SCSI Port
Views: 966
Message 18 of 180

On my X1YG3 (US model), no issues with keyboard (nor screen) backlight/flickering, so perhaps not a HW issue. After the latest Windows 10 + Lenovo BIOS pushed updates, I did have an issue with a repeating bios error beeping related to a keyboard running through a Lenovo TB3 Graphics Dock, corrected during my learned process of updating 2-in-1's + docks + peripherals. My experience suggests these are often driver/conflict related (occasionally, BIOS/IMEI) and get sussed out (hopefully) quickly in subsequent (silent) post-updates. Hopefully.

Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, Lenovo TB3 Graphics Dock, Samsung UH 750 QLED UHD 4K Monitor
zaclab
Punch Card
Views: 961
Message 19 of 180

Thanks a lot!

lenovouser666
Paper Tape
Views: 922
Message 20 of 180

Coil whine. Present on my laptop as well. Not sure whether normal or not, there are definitely X1Y3s without coil whine present, but probably still affects a large percentage.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors