Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 774
Message 41 of 180

Re: Yoga x1 3rd gen keyboard backlight flickering

I actually didn't used to have it, then after the BIOS update it started occasionally, now it's basically every single time it comes up from sleep.

I've heard that the pointer drift from sleep is actually the stick recalibrating itself, which is why it stops after a few seconds. I've been giving that a pass as it seems plausible.

And yeah, the fingerprint scanner is *terrible*. After 5 years of fingerprint scanners on phones and laptops it's shocking that one can actually be this bad. It's not just bad at reading, it actively forgets over time.

Also terribly disappointed.

AdamNP1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 694
Message 42 of 180

I was finally able to solve all the problems with my 20LD by returning it. Just one thing after another for an entire month, which is not okay for a flagship product. I will say that the return process was not the ordeal that I thought it would be based on some other reports I had read . I suspect these problems will be sorted in time, though doubt the fingerprint scanner will improve. Good luck guys. I hope they fix your problems in the next BIOS update.

jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 592
Message 43 of 180

Unfortunately I'm past the retun window, although I called the sales person that sold it to me who suggested that customer service may make an exception. Part of this was me trusting the process: they ask you to go through support forums to get help, while not making it clear that Lenovo staff don't actually pay attention. By the time I realized I was being hoodwinked it was basically too late.

Teflon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 585
Message 44 of 180

Arrrgh! This flickering is really frustrating and it's driving me nuts. The complete lack of response from Lenovo support in these forums is really disappointing. Do they even monitor these threads? 

I can't believe I dished out $2,500 for a flagship laptop that feels great and performs great but has this one jarring defect that just ruins the entire experience. I'm also afraid to use it in dark rooms for fear of triggering seizures in people. Seriously, this keyboard flickering is a public health hazard.

I'm an American living in Tokyo and bought this from the Lenovo Japan web site. I'm not sure how to return this in Japan which is the only reason I haven't done so yet. But if there is no solution to this in the next few weeks I will get a Japanese friend to help me.

rh78
Punch Card
Views: 573
Message 45 of 180

FYI: If I use hibernate rather than suspend the flickering problem goes away.  I know this isn't an ideal workaround as coming out of hibernate takes 10-15 seconds, but my keyboard never flickers.  Also I should mention I am on linux rather than windows, but I suspect flickering would go away on windows too if hibernating.

Teflon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 529
Message 46 of 180

Thanks! That works in Windows 10 as well. The only issue is that when it comes out of hibernate mode my wifi connection stops working even though it still shows connected at full strength. I have to disconnect and reconnect to re-establish the connection.

jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 481
Message 47 of 180

@someotherguy is there any chance anyone from Lenovo might be looking at this?

jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 479
Message 48 of 180

I honestly cannot figure out how to actually linkify/notify someone. You'd think it'd just be an @ sign, but it's not. 

geri95
Paper Tape
Views: 452
Message 49 of 180

I updated the BIOS to 1.11 (and Intel Management Engine to V.11.7.0.1067) today. I have not seen any keyboard flickering issues so far.

Papier101
Fanfold Paper
Views: 396
Message 50 of 180

Updated BIOS to 1.11 and already experienced backlight flickering.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors