Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YOGAbbagabbro
SCSI Port
Views: 606
Message 51 of 180

Re: Yoga x1 3rd gen keyboard backlight flickering

I've not had any issues to date with flickering- when are you finding it most apparent? Maybe I'm just not paying attention...

X1Y3G, purchased when first made available in US, if that gives any context to those w/the problem.

An aside - my Hello Face Recog. is not working, hardware drivers are up to date and the cameras work (it was working when it arrived). The facial mapping points & box that frames your face during setup is gone and I can't get it back. Any tips?

Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, Lenovo TB3 Graphics Dock, Samsung UH 750 QLED UHD 4K Monitor
jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 602
Message 52 of 180

Same, I'm on those and I gots the flickers.

TheScarfix
Core Memory
Views: 589
Message 53 of 180

Flickering appears after waking up from standby, sometimes with some other issues like keyboard or touchpad not working for a while
YOGAbbagabbro
SCSI Port
Views: 540
Message 54 of 180

Ok, yeah I don't have that and haven't noticed previously. I did have that/similar on a Surface Book (eGpu) 1st gen- showed up after a firmware (i believe) update, and they patched after a day or two.
Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, Lenovo TB3 Graphics Dock, Samsung UH 750 QLED UHD 4K Monitor
jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 530
Message 55 of 180

Meanwhile in Lenovo land we can't even get anyone to acknowledge it's a problem.

prerol
Paper Tape
Views: 445
Message 56 of 180

Have the same issue as others: Since the bios update, I have the keyboard backlight flicker when waking up from standby. Definitely not a typical software issue as it happens with both Windows and Ubuntu Linux. I raised a support ticket.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 395
Message 57 of 180

Hi all,

for those experiencing the symptoms, could you please kindly send me the S/N of your x1 Yoga 3rd gen via private message? Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

Wurde dein Problem bei uns bereits besprochen? Schau mal nach: Forum Suchoption
Bitte füge den Typ, Modell (nicht die S/N) und das benutzte OS zu deiner Nachricht hinzu. Es beschleunigt die Lösung deines Problems.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Die Meinungen, die ich hier zum Ausdruck bringe, sind, falls nicht anders explizit ausgedrückt meine eigenen und es handelt sich um keine offizielle Stellungnahme von Lenovo.

Es ist wichtig zu betonen, dass die Foren die Ressourcen von Lenovo ergänzen aber den offiziellen Service nicht ersetzen. Eine Liste der Servicenummern kann unter dem folgenden Link gefunden werden: Telefonische Unterstützung

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 337
Message 58 of 180

@Phiil wrote:

Hey guys,

so I got an answer on my ticket. They exchanged my device but sadly new device same problem. It appeared after the Bios update so I guess thats the main Problem and therfore a software problem.

Hi @Phiil,

have they exchanged the keyboard or have they replaced the whole machine for you?

@all, thanks to everyone who provided me with the S/N of their device so far. I will get back to you all as soon as I get more information on the symptoms.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

Wurde dein Problem bei uns bereits besprochen? Schau mal nach: Forum Suchoption
Bitte füge den Typ, Modell (nicht die S/N) und das benutzte OS zu deiner Nachricht hinzu. Es beschleunigt die Lösung deines Problems.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Die Meinungen, die ich hier zum Ausdruck bringe, sind, falls nicht anders explizit ausgedrückt meine eigenen und es handelt sich um keine offizielle Stellungnahme von Lenovo.

Es ist wichtig zu betonen, dass die Foren die Ressourcen von Lenovo ergänzen aber den offiziellen Service nicht ersetzen. Eine Liste der Servicenummern kann unter dem folgenden Link gefunden werden: Telefonische Unterstützung

Horgh
Punch Card
Views: 297
Message 59 of 180

I created a service request describing the flicker issue, and now Lenovo is sending me a box to ship the machine back without even asking me for details. Since others have gotten machines back that have the same issue, I don't plan to send mine back. I also paid for on-site support, so this is ridiculous. What are my options? How do I talk to a human about this?

TheScarfix
Core Memory
Views: 267
Message 60 of 180

maybe we wait what juraj has to say Smiley Wink

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors