Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Horgh
Punch Card
Views: 591
Message 61 of 180

Re: Yoga x1 3rd gen keyboard backlight flickering

I was able to get through to support on the phone, and then spoke to someone else from support, and they both "highly" recommend sending my laptop in to the repair hub. Ok, fine, let's see what happens. If it comes back with the same problems, I'm asking for my money back.

jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 580
Message 62 of 180

@Horgh wrote:

I created a service request describing the flicker issue, and now Lenovo is sending me a box to ship the machine back without even asking me for details. Since others have gotten machines back that have the same issue, I don't plan to send mine back. I also paid for on-site support, so this is ridiculous. What are my options? How do I talk to a human about this?

I had this exact experience. I opened a support ticket through the portal, never heard from Lenovo until a box arrived to ship my machine in. I also bought on-site, and nobody ever contacted me for any troubleshooting of the issue.

TheScarfix
Core Memory
Views: 515
Message 63 of 180

just installed BIOS 1.12 and an Intel ME FW Update and the flickering didn't appear yet, even after standby
rh78
Punch Card
Views: 499
Message 64 of 180

Also on the new bios (1.12) and the flickering continues to be a problem after sleep/standby (on linux). 

Teflon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 462
Message 65 of 180

I just installed all three updates (one critical and two recommended) and it seemed to fix all the issues! So far no keyboard flickering even after sleep/suspend and also the function keys work great now. In addition, my fingerprint is recognized on the first try. Will update if any of the old issues reappear. Thanks!

poetoem
Fanfold Paper
Views: 421
Message 66 of 180

I installed the updates via the Update Tool.

It said everything was successful, but now the system is crashing like crazy, when playing back video.

Best case vlc-player crashes, but most of the time it is blue-screen and reboot.

Haven't seen a blue screen in years and now this on a flagship model....

Any ideas how to roll back those updates???

DSC_1073.JPGDSC_1074.JPG

TheScarfix
Core Memory
Views: 375
Message 67 of 180

just got the flickering again on bios 1.12 Smiley Sad
Horgh
Punch Card
Views: 372
Message 68 of 180

I can confirm, 1.12 does not fix the flicker for me either. I thought it did at first, then I let the laptop sleep, but after waking it up the flicker came back. Looks like I'm sending mine in for repairs. 

Do any of you have a loose bottom cover? The two corner screws (under the palm rests) aren't holding mine tight anymore. Almost like whatever material was under the cover got squished. So disappointed with this purchase. 

Teflon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 305
Message 69 of 180

My bad for reporting that the updates fixed the problems. Came home from work and opened my laptop and the fingerprint reader didn't work and the maddening keyboard flickering returned. Ugh! Back to square one...

Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 294
Message 70 of 180

Same laptop same problem. Really hoping for a solution. Lenovo support are you working on a general fix for this or is it handled on a case by case basis?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors