Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 747
Message 71 of 180

Re: Yoga x1 3rd gen keyboard backlight flickering

@Pepsinio wrote:

Same laptop same problem. Really hoping for a solution. Lenovo support are you working on a general fix for this or is it handled on a case by case basis?

I see this problem here on my own X1 Yoga 3rd and we are looking into it.

Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 723
Message 72 of 180

Thanks for the heads up!

Hope it is a software fix (fingers crossed)

Horgh
Punch Card
Views: 709
Message 73 of 180

Is there a point in me sending my laptop in to your repair hub, or should I delay until you guys know what's wrong? If it's a software fix then I can avoid the hassle. Thanks in advance. 

TheScarfix
Core Memory
Views: 683
Message 74 of 180

I would wait
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 671
Message 75 of 180

@Horgh wrote:

Is there a point in me sending my laptop in to your repair hub, or should I delay until you guys know what's wrong? If it's a software fix then I can avoid the hassle. Thanks in advance. 

I don't know the details yet, but I think this will be a software (BIOS) fix.

Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 459
Message 76 of 180

I have reverted to 1.10 and so far no flickering. Looking forward to the fix.
Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 424
Message 77 of 180

Problem eventually reappeared Smiley Sad
What i have noticed is though that when you reflash the bios, everything is fine for definitive period of time and then all of a sudden it starts again and simply never stops

One 'pattern' i was able to identify is that if you hold the left Fn key for 1-2 seconds it dissappears until another key is pressed. Supper weird Smiley Happy 

YOGAbbagabbro
SCSI Port
Views: 349
Message 78 of 180

Wonder if it has to do with Lenovo's key mapping implementation like their F1-F12/special function keys. For those who's keystrokes become laggy (and possibly cpu issues), I could imagine a miscoded driver could create havoc w/n-key rollover and eat CPU if single strokes triggered many events/min. Or something.

Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, Lenovo TB3 Graphics Dock, Samsung UH 750 QLED UHD 4K Monitor
Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 343
Message 79 of 180

Might be. It does not happen in BIOS or during POST (at-least haven't noticed so far), hence driver can certainly be an option. Is there someone having this problem with Linux?
Horgh
Punch Card
Views: 331
Message 80 of 180

Yes, it happens in Linux, even with the latest BIOS. But, just as in Windows (for me at least), it doesn't happen when I first boot into Linux. If I let the laptop sleep and wake it up, then the flickering starts. So, it feels like something related to power/sleep states?

Side note, just pressing the Fn key doesn't stop the flickering for me, I have to cycle the keyboard light states with Fn + Spacebar, at least once, sometimes more times. I haven't figured out the pattern of when the flickering comes back after that, but it definitely does before the next sleep cycle.

I think I'm more frustrated with this laptop than I was with the P.O.S. Dell Chromebook I upgraded from. And that's saying something.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors