10-28-2015

US

12 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 1 of 1

camera X1 Extreme 1st gen

2020-05-13, 16:50 PM

Hello. I'm new to the forum and didn't see any posts about this topic. I have an X1 Carbon Extreme 1st Generation. After a meeting in Zoom, I had no working camera. After checking all of the usual places (Device Manager, various software apps, Zoom itself), there was no way to turn the camera on/off. In earlier Think Pads, Key F8 was used to toggle the camera on/off. In the X1, this has been replaced by a toggle for your wireless. In earlier Thinkpads, wireless control was by a physical switch on the sides or front. Since I have premier service, I decided to use it. Great guy with lots of knowledge worked with me to discover that the only way to turn the camera on/off is by an obvious switch on the opening page of Lenovo Vantage. We decided that some apps (in this case Zoom) seem to have control of your camera to the point of shutting it down. Zoom has no switch for camera control. For me it didn't turn the camera back on when Zoom was turned on again. So I hope you haven't uninstalled Vantage. Or you have some kind of third party app that has the control. I also checked the camera manufacturer's website (In my case RealTek) for any small application that might control the camera. Nothing Found.

Would love to hear how others addressed the issue. Seems like a real miss by Lenovo. I'm very surprised at that with an issue so simple. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete