Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philippechaussu
Punch Card
Views: 3,672
Message 1 of 8

can i change the assignment of the keys on the keyboard of my thinkpad X1 yoga

Sorry for my English, this is an automatic translation.

Can you change the assignment of the keys of my keyboard by other letters or signs present on the virtual keyboard (example: Euros) ? My X1 Yoga has a touch screen.

The Sharpkey software does not succeed and believes that my keyboard is Querty type while my keyboard is Azerty type.

I thank you while waiting for an answer.

vikneshvalu
Punch Card
Views: 3,658
Message 2 of 8

Re: can i change the assignment of the keys on the keyboard of my thinkpad X1 yoga

philipe hope this below will be helpful.

QWERTY keyboards, also known as Sholes keyboards, refer to the five consecutive letters on the upper left corner of the keypad. This type of keyboard bears the layout used for Latin languages and is the most common keyboard used in the United States: 

An AZERTY keyboard is the most common type of keyboard used in France. The letters are also found in a consecutive sequence on the upper left corner of the keypad: 

How To Change Your Keyboard Language

Go to the Start menu, and open Control Panel

Choose Clock, Language and Region, and select Regional and Language Options. In the Installed Services section, click Add

If your keyboard language is set to French (AZERTY), change it to English US/UK, and if your keyboard is set to English (QWERTY), change the language to French (AZERTY). 

In the Keyboard section, choose QWERTY or AZERTY, and click OK

Once you apply the changes, your keyboard language should be changed.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 3,640
Message 3 of 8

Re: can i change the assignment of the keys on the keyboard of my thinkpad X1 yoga

Hi vikneshvalu, That's useful information, but when you copy and paste information from another web site, please include its attribution. Where did you copy this from? Thanks.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
philippechaussu
Punch Card
Views: 3,629
Message 4 of 8

Héllo vikneshvalu,
Thank you very much for your answer but I misspoke ...
Having seen the bananaman post, I just noticed that my answer posted yesterday was not published. So I rewrite my answer.
I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE TYPE OF MY KEYBOARD. I live in France and naturally, my keyboard is Azerty type.
I WANT ONLY TO REPLACE THE FUNCTION OF SOME KEYS (examples: "F10", "insert", "End") to write letters or acronyms which I regularly need (example: "€", ò, "&", "½"). The virtual keyboard of my Yoga offers these functions, but not my mechanical keyboard.
I already have the Sharpkey software that does not work properly, it believes that my keyboard is Querty type and I have not found included parameters to make it recognize my type of keyboard. Therefore, if I change the function of the letter "A", it actually changes that of the letter "Q". Moreover, it does not seem to accept the key function substitutions by the one of writing for example "€".
Do you know another way to do what I want?
Cordially.

philippechaussu
Punch Card
Views: 3,608
Message 5 of 8

Hello
I found the solution to my problem, thanks to another forum (https://www.pcastuces.com/) which gave me a simple and effective solution. So I took advantage of it, it could be useful to other members.
The little utility that makes me all these services is called: clavier+
You can find it at this address:

https://www.pcastuces.com/logitheque/clavierplus.htm

I mark this topic as solved
This is an automatic translation, so a thousand excuses if the translation is not perfect.
Thank you.
Cordially.

philippechaussu
Punch Card
Views: 3,578
Message 6 of 8

Thank you for the kudos , but what is it , a kudos ?

Cordialy

Highlighted
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 3,573
Message 7 of 8

A kudo is a mark of appreciation which any member of the community can give. For instance when someone helps another, or posts information which others find useful, interesting, or even funny! Smiley Very Happy

Click on the little star below when you want to give kudos

|

|

V

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
philippechaussu
Punch Card
Views: 3,564
Message 8 of 8

happy 😃

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors