Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nb
Paper Tape
Views: 1,913
Message 1 of 7

cannot connect to wireless with Intel wifi link 4965agn

I am trying to connect to a secured wireless network that uses wpa, AES, mschap2 and authenticates based on the Windows logon.  I don't have the option for this combination in Access Connections.  I uninstalled AC and tried using windows and I get an error message "An unexpected error has occurred" when I select AES and click next.  I've installed the latest drivers both from Lenovo and Intel and nothing helps.  I have no problems with other machines, just this X300.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is my personal machine and I NEED wireless connectivity.
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,893
Message 2 of 7

Re: cannot connect to wireless with Intel wifi link 4965agn

Did you try re-installing the 4965agn software?
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
nb
Paper Tape
Views: 1,855
Message 3 of 7

Yes, I did remove and install again the software.  The problem is that I don't seem to have the Microsoft PEAP option.  I have some Intel options none of which work and Cisco PEAP.  When I try using any of them I get a message to the effect that I'm using the wrong authentication protocol.
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,841
Message 4 of 7

I've not used Microsoft PEAP myself, but I know the Intel 4965AGN supports it.

It's possible that you need the Intel PROSet configuration utility to configure it. Try that instead of the Lenovo download.

nb
Paper Tape
Views: 1,806
Message 5 of 7

The Intel software gave me the Intel PEAP TTLS, etc. options none of which are the Microsoft PEAP. 
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,792
Message 6 of 7

OK, once again I haven't used it myself, but have you followed the instructions for setting up a PEAP MS-CHAP user (page 62)?

Or are you saying the software doesn't present the options described in the User Guide (which would be bad)?

nb
Paper Tape
Views: 1,750
Message 7 of 7

What I've figured out is that the Intel software won't install on my Lenovo running Vista.  It installs the WiFi Statistics and the WiFi Manual Diagnostics and nothing else.  I've tried installing multiple times, removing then reinstalling.  This leaves me the the ThinkVantage software or using Windows which doesn't seem to work.  ThinkVantage doesn't have the correct options and Windows errors out.  I have tried using both the Lenovo driver and the Intel driver.  I downloaded the large package that includes drivers and software and tried it.  I also downloaded just the Vista software, but no go.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors