cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darmok47
Fanfold Paper
Views: 953
Message 1 of 7

computer X1 yoga 1st gen crashes when resuming from sleep after windows 10 creators update

Hi,

I have updated a few days ago to windows 10 creators update and ever since have the following problem.

whenever the computer recovers from sleep, as soon I move the mouse or type anything or login with the fingerprint the computer crashes (BSOD) and I get the following error message:

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

I have updated all drivers but didn't work. Useless to say I'm very annoyed since i need to work with my laptop and the sleep function is critical.

Can somebody help me?

P_20170606_114635.jpg

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 909
Message 2 of 7

Re: computer X1 yoga 1st gen crashes when resuming from sleep after windows 10 creators update

Often that BSOD is caused by an outdated or corrupt graphics driver, so removing the current one completely, and then installing the latest may help.   

First Download the latest Intel HD Graphics driver for your computer from the Lenovo website, which I believe is the one linked below and save it somewhere easy to find.

Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 10 (64 bit) - X1 Yoga 1st Gen (Type 20FQ, 20FR) Laptop (ThinkPad)

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-X...

Next, try removing and reinstalling the latest Lenovo supplied driver, which I believe for your system is version 21.20.16.4550.

• Right-click on Start and select Device Manager
  • Double left-click to expand Display Adapters
  • Right Click on your Intel HD Graphics card and select Uninstall
  • Check the box to "delete the driver software for this device" and select Next.

Note: The above steps will force Windows to use the default generic Windows video driver, so your screen resolution may change, but that is expected.

• Run the previously downloaded driver installer to update to the latest Lenovo version and test the sleep function.

If you are still having a problem, then I would try the latest Intel HD Graphics driver from Intel that was just released on May 26th, but that involves downloading the .zip version of the driver installation files, and then manually install the driver using he steps in the link below.

How to Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows 8*/8.1*

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html

Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* (Version: 21.20.16.4678 dated May 26, 2017 per details in readme.txt)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26836/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?pr...

Good Luck,

darmok47
Fanfold Paper
Views: 867
Message 3 of 7

Re: computer X1 yoga 1st gen crashes when resuming from sleep after windows 10 creators update

Hi JDGillis,

Thanks for your help, but...

I Have tried all the possible solutions you told me. It didn't work. Still get the same problem.

The Intel driver I was running prior was .16.4590, now is 21.20.16.4678 from Intel website.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Should I restore windows to before the creators update?

Thanks for helping

darmok47
Fanfold Paper
Views: 866
Message 4 of 7

Forgot to say that this happens since I run the bios version 1.25, which fixed the fact that my fingerprint reader and the touchscreen were not work in with windows creators update 

Could it be related to it?

darmok47
Fanfold Paper
Views: 853
Message 5 of 7

UPDATE:

I rolled back to before Windows creators update, but I still have the same problem.

Could it be due to the bios?

Please help.

BTW I find a bit disappointing such things to happen in a 2700  Euros machine..., and even more disappointing the fact that there is no online chat service from lenovo.

darmok47
Fanfold Paper
Views: 850
Message 6 of 7

I'm wondering, 

is there a way to rollback the bios to a previous version?

darmok47
Fanfold Paper
Views: 833
Message 7 of 7

Forget everything I said. 

I have found the problem. It was the NX machine server. I uninstalled it and everything works again.

So DO NOT INSTALL NX MACHINE!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors