Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbreeze25
Fanfold Paper
Views: 989
Message 1 of 5

finger print is gone from sign in options on x1 yoga 2nd gen

Hi Guys,

maybe you can help me get my ehad around this issue. everything used to work just fine and suddenly my finger print option is gone from the sign-in options. When i try clicking remove fingerprint from win 10 sign-in options screen - nothing happens. If i try to add a new fingerprint, it asks me for my pin and then takes me to ascreen of setting up the finger print, and alhtough the fingerprint sensor illuminates with green - nothing happens on the screen showing me that it captures my prints when touching the sensor.

frustrating.

upd: i tried to follow-up one of the guys suggestions in the similar post by deleting the device with drivers and reinstalling drivers on the restart, and now i am having this issue Smiley Sad

Capture.PNG

southsidesmoka
Blue Screen Again
Views: 944
Message 2 of 5

Re: finger print is gone from sign in options on x1 yoga 2nd gen

Not quite sure if these issues are similar; however, I often face loss of usage of the biometric device in my P70 after any Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview update.  I have found that, for some reason, when updates are installed, the driver for the fingerprint scanner is always deleted.  I simply go in and re-install the driver downloaded from the Lenovo Support web site and restart.  Works every time.

bbreeze25
Fanfold Paper
Views: 933
Message 3 of 5

did not help :-|

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 919
Message 4 of 5

Dear customer,

similar discussion was made at below forum thread.  Issue triggered by Intel SGX driver and user needs to update it to the latest.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Enterprise-Client-Management/software-guard-extension-device-Carbon-X1-...

bbreeze25
Fanfold Paper
Views: 916
Message 5 of 5

thanks, rydeen, will reply in the suggested thread

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors