Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnVFCE
What's DOS?
Views: 172
Message 1 of 5

finger print reader X230 drivers

I have a X230 with a finger print reader, now installed Windows 10 64-bit. Is there a driver update for the reader? I can not find it the usual ways.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 121
Message 2 of 5

Re: finger print reader X230 drivers

Hi JohnVFCE! Welcome to our forums community. You can download manually the drivers from this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-.... Since you have windows 10, download the Lenovo Vantage app and run the update. Install all available update. You can download the app here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/lenovo-vantage/9wzdncrfj4mv?activetab=pivotSmiley Surprisedverviewtab. Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

JohnVFCE
What's DOS?
Views: 91
Message 3 of 5

Automatic update got me a BIOS update but no finger reader drivers.  The manual download site gave me "no drivers found." In control panel, TouchChip Fingerprint coprocessor is working properly and the drivers are best available. However, the finger reader is unavailable.  Any further suggestions? Thanks

Guru
Views: 79
Message 4 of 5

Is your fingerprint reader actually working and you just want to update the drivers or is it not working?

If the latter, do you see it listed in the Windows Device Manager under "Biometric Devices"? If so, right click on it and try "Update driver software", choose to browse your computer for the software and point it to the driectory where the Lenovo ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software is installed.

--
I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal experience and willingness to help others as a volunteer.

If my reply helps you in any way, press the star on the left to give Kudos.
If your question is answered, you can click on Accept as Solution.
JohnVFCE
What's DOS?
Views: 71
Message 5 of 5

It is not working, but device manager reports " this device is working properly" and when I update drivers I have the report that the best drivers are already installed. 

When I try to set up my finger reader, I have the message that this must be done with administrator priveleges. My computer is configured by the network's administrator. I have been given administrator priveleges but they are only activated when they are required and I provide them in response to a pop-up that requests them. If you think that the drivers that are installed are correct, then possibly I need to have the admin who logs in as admin assist with this.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors