Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justinchao740
Punch Card
Views: 862
Message 1 of 4

how to disable power adapter warnings.

I have a x1 carbon 6th gen, and my power cord that i use at home (anker's usb-c to usb-c 3.1 gen 2) can only deliver 36W, which is more then enough to power my laptop at home and have it charge. But everytime it turns on, it would display the message: "the connected AC adapter has a lower wattage than the recommended AC adapter which was shipped with the system. To use AC power, please connect the AC adapter which was shipped with the system. press ESC to continue" how can i disable this? Windows updates my computer at night and sometimes, i find my laptop displaying this message all night long. I have checked the bios, no settings there to disable this.

BMCowboy
802.11n
Views: 844
Message 2 of 4

Re: how to disable power adapter warnings.

Hi,

I'm afraid not. It's a safety control warning and cannot be disabled. When compare with the default 65w adapter, 36w is far from enough to power your laptop appropriately. The laptop might turn off unexpectly when trying to draw more power than is available.

"May the Force be with Lenovo"
justinchao740
Punch Card
Views: 780
Message 3 of 4

I have done tests, it works normaly with 36W, it just charges slower which is what i want anyway tp extend the longevity of my battery.

swifty99
What's DOS?
Views: 35
Message 4 of 4

Bad lenovo. Bad, very bad.

As suggested charging slower is better for the battery. A smaller charger is handy. What makes this behaviour horrible is the warning message itself uses a lot of power! So reboot would give you a discharging battery! No problem if Windows is active, power is enough.

I had a Lenovo in zombie mode for a night after a Windows trying to update.

SOoooo bad.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors