Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brophgg
Punch Card
Views: 1,445
Message 1 of 5

installing all drivers during clean install of Windows 7 on Lenovo X230T

Can someone explain how I should install all drivers relevant to the X230T laptop during a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64?  I am installing using USB stick with Rufus boot format. However, not sure if the drivers should be gathered and collected prior to the install or should I just navigate to Lenovo update driver page when new install is complete?

Not even sure if I can navigate to this page when installation has completed, so reason for asking since never done before.

thanks

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,375
Message 2 of 5

Re: installing all drivers during clean install of Windows 7 on Lenovo X230T

There's no need to download everything in advance. But you will need to download at least network drivers and then install them after the Win7 install. Go to X230 Tablet Laptop and click Drivers & Software. Select Win7, then component Network LAN (Ethernet) and/or Network Wireless LAN. You'll need one or the other to get System Update and other drivers afterwards.

Punch Card
Views: 1,340
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for helping out. I appreciate it.

Just one more question. I have downloaded the driver you suggested.  Do I just copy /paste the exe file for the driver to an USB stick and insert it into the newly installed laptop? Where do I paste the exe file specifically to the new install of Windows 7 ?  Any specific folder or location to paste it to, then open it at that location?

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,330
Message 4 of 5

Do I just copy /paste the exe file for the driver to an USB stick and insert it into the newly installed laptop?

Yes. Then open Windows File Explorer, locate the EXE file and double-click on it. That will start the install process. Follow the instructions from the Installer. Then reboot the X230T if requested. Now you have networking support, so you can go to Lenovo Support and get whatever else you need.

I suggest you use Lenovo ThinkVantage System Update to download and install everything else, drivers, updates, utilities, etc. you may need.

Punch Card
Views: 1,304
Message 5 of 5

Yes, went to Lenovo website for all driver updates and installs of software after windows install. I am actually writing this reply on new installed laptop. I have two other laptops and each of those has Windows 7 Pro installed. The only issue I can find that I do not like is that the screen brightness is maxed out and still is not nearly as bright as my other laptops. I have read many pages on this and tried many solutions, and none have worked. There is no adjustment for Display brightness in the Bios settings either, as I did check.

I don't know why this happened, and this is a newer laptop than other two, and more powerful. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might try to increase brightness over the maximum, which I have it set at now? There are many settings in Power options and I do believe I have checked most, if not all of them, and still no answer. Lenovo is not showing an update to driver that is installed for Display Manager which for Display adapter is an Intel HD Graphics 4000, with a driver date of 4-4-16.

Does anyone know of any other settings that could be affecting this setting to increase brightness over maximum? All my settings relating to AC power are not dimming display at any time to save power or energy, and I have it plugged in, not on battery. I am puzzled and don't like it compared to the two other displays I have. Like to get this solved. Please help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors