Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naticio
Paper Tape
Views: 2,883
Message 1 of 13

lenovo x1 extreme POOR BATTERY - 3 HRS with full charge

I disabled glance

I put best performance in battery options (brightness 60%)

hybrid graphics 

etc

it's a 4k monitor , but 3 hrs sounds ridicoulous. I am about toreturn it for this reason

any ideaS?

didierw
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,859
Message 2 of 13

Re: lenovo x1 extreme POOR BATTERY - 3 HRS with full charge

Yes that is pretty bad ...
Have a look at the verge review, they claim they achieved 10 hrs ... I highly doubt that but you could give it a try:
"Lenovo advertises a 15-hour battery life for the ThinkPad X1 Extreme. But in my experience — with Bluetooth off, display brightness set to 50 percent, keyboard backlighting off, and the high-performance power plan in Windows 10 enabled — I reached about 10 or 11 hours of browser usage. That includes visiting YouTube, using Google Docs to write this review, and reading The Verge."

Have a look here:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Extreme-i7-4K-HDR-GTX-1050-Ti-Max-Q-Laptop-Review.3...
At the "Battery Runtime" section ... may be you will find some ideas.

Please give some feedback if that helped.
Good luck,
Didier

eTomcat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,850
Message 3 of 13

Was the battery fully charged? Check if you do not accidentally enabled the option in Lenovo Vantage that preservs the battery life by limiting the charging to a certain chatge level.

Highlighted
Adamwali
Paper Tape
Views: 2,486
Message 4 of 13

Lenovo X1 Extreme terrible battery life ~3.5h

I recently purchased an X1 extreme i7 4k and get a max of 3.5 hours of battery per charge. I use the device at 60-80% brightness without the backlit keyoard. Mainly on chrome and other Office365 products, nothing too crazy. I recently disabled the graphics card via the device manager, but that did not seem to help. Any ideas? Was wondering if this is a common issue? 3.5 hours of battery is a deal breaker.

SR14626
Core Memory
Views: 2,479
Message 5 of 13

Re: Lenovo X1 Extreme terrible battery life ~3.5h

If you read some other comments regarding the battery life you will notice that after you use it for a while, things begin to calm down. Why don’t you give this a try and see if it works on your new system
ron1999
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,415
Message 6 of 13

"Calm down..."  really...

I charge it overnight.  I remove the charger and after a minute and not running anything, it shows I have 2 hours and 44 minutes of a battery at 97%.   That's just wrong...

I get that the time remaining is a snapshot of a moment in time of the current usage, but when it's sitting idle, why wouldn't I get something closer to the 15 hours as stated in the specs?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,408
Message 7 of 13

@ron1999 wrote:

"Calm down..."  really...

I charge it overnight.  I remove the charger and after a minute and not running anything, it shows I have 2 hours and 44 minutes of a battery at 97%.   That's just wrong...

I get that the time remaining is a snapshot of a moment in time of the current usage, but when it's sitting idle, why wouldn't I get something closer to the 15 hours as stated in the specs?

Do you have task manager open to verify that it's really just sitting idle?  Windows gets up to all kinds of stuff in the background - especially soon after boot or following OOBE or any updates.

1 minute is probably not long enough for  the running average of power consumption to get past the major drain caused by booting up  - and for the (possibly) stuff running post boot to settle down.

Not saying there isn't something amis with your battery run-time, but the test you've desribed isn't sufficient to measure much of anything.  What run-time to you get in actual continuous use?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Adamwali
Paper Tape
Views: 2,404
Message 8 of 13

I have the same issue, not sure what to do

Adamwali
Paper Tape
Views: 2,402
Message 9 of 13

I haven't really seen anything about that on other threads. I have been using it consistently for a week with no signs of improvements. I'm hoping that within the next week it will get better.
Adamwali
Paper Tape
Views: 2,401
Message 10 of 13

Hey thanks for your response! Yes I frequently open task manager and there is nothing that is evidently eating up the battery life. Also when I check on settings to see which programs use up the most battery life the frontrunner is chrome, which i spend a majority of my time on. Long story short, it does not seem like there is a specific program causing the drain. Will keep checking task manager though

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors