Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fre_madrid
What's DOS?
Views: 7,521
Message 1 of 3

lenovo x230 - Does not boot!!!

Just did shut down on my lenovo x230. When restarting the PC by pressing the power button, he looks like he is restarting, then nothing happens. Hardware buttons not active, screen is black. Nothing I can do... PC doesn't react to anything. Was working fine before shut down.

What is wrong??? What can I do? Help!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 7,498
Message 2 of 3

Re: lenovo x230 - Does not boot!!!

fre_madrid,

1. unplug power cable and battery, press and hold the power button during 30 sec, plug the battery and cable again, try to boot laptop.
2. OR if you are familiar with disassembling of keyboard and palmrest do it, then unplug connector of small yellow battery under palmrest (near FPR) during several minuts. Assemble the laptop and try to boot. If laptop will boot go to BIOS setup, press F9 and save default settings, set and save your settings.

If that actions will not resolve the issue I'm afraid you have to contact with Lenovo support.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #Retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное     Moto En

fre_madrid
What's DOS?
Views: 7,471
Message 3 of 3

Re: lenovo x230 - Does not boot!!!

Hi X220forMe,

thank you for your response. So here's what happened. I unplugged battery etc yesterday evening. Nothing happened. PC still seemed to get started but never ever got to BIOS screen. Screen stayed black. I left PC disconnected from power source and removed from battery all night. This morning, it worked normally again...!!!???

As my lenovo is still under warranty, would you recommend me to contact lenovo?

Thx

Top Kudoed Authors