Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djdtahoe
What's DOS?
Views: 278
Message 1 of 4

my F key is sticking on my Carbon

My F key is acting like there is something hindering it's movement. It makes a clicking sound when depressed most of the time as if there is something underneath it.

is there a way to safely remove the key in order to extract whatever is causing this or do I have to replace the keyboard?

Dennis

ceb
WWAN
Views: 268
Message 2 of 4

Re: my F key is sticking on my Carbon

Just order a new keyboard

zackiv31
Punch Card
Views: 243
Message 3 of 4

My keyboard also had a "stuck" key.  What I found was there was a tiny screw that had somehow got lodged under the key.  When I say tiny, I mean tiny.  I luckily had a magnetic screwdriver, and what I did was pry one end of the key up and the magnet sucked out the screw.

Not sure if this is the same issue as yours, but mine exhibited keys not being registered, because the key would not fully depress most of the time.

andrewrh3
What's DOS?
Views: 219
Message 4 of 4

My K key is jammed in the same way. And the North Carolina tech support center is the most useless group of people I've ever spoke to. It took about 30 minutes to log the claim (also, your eService portal doesn't work). So I have to wait for a box, ship my laptop back that came defective, then wait an amount of time the rep couldn't estimate for a keyboard that works properly. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors