cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
memodial
Paper Tape
Views: 1,382
Message 1 of 11

my x230 cannot recognise the wireless card adapter (WiMAX 6250)

Hello everyone !

- sorry but the english is no my first lang -

I installed (replace) a Intel Advanced-N WiMAX 6250 in my laptop X230 running under Windows 10, but the system no recognise the card.

I ve allready tried :

-intall the card driver

-a BIOS update

-a motherboard diagnostic (to check if any problem in the Pci ports or in the motherboard itself)

-a thinkvantage system update

-checking on BIOS if the network cards appears (actually says disable, and no way to "enable it")

-check if the card (hardware) was propely connected into the PCI port.

it seems to me that the PCIe  is no working but why it could happens?

I used to think that my laptop  had no wireless adapter so i bought one, when I installed it I realised that it was one (a native Realtek) ! i ve put it anyway but nothing changed..

ps . i bought this laptop almost new and without warranty (i guess).

any idea ?

cheers !

Memo

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,375
Message 2 of 11

Re: my x230 cannot recognise the wireless card adapter (WiMAX 6250)

Hello, memodial

You wrote:
> checking on BIOS if the network cards appears (actually says disable, and no way to "enable it")

This is a key feature to troubleshoot IMHO.
What settings do you mean? WirelessLAN Access or WiMAX Access? WiMAX features don't influence to the WLAN (WiFi) ones, they utilize the different interfaces for data, but the card might be controlled (power on/off) via the single bus lane #20 (I'm not sure though).

To enable BIOS Settings changes check out the LockBIOS Setting.

Make sure wireless radios switch is enabled (on the laptop onboard).

Do you see unknown devices in the Device Manager? For devices w/out drivers installed they might be in the Other Devices category. There might be a problem with drivers as Intel doesn't provide them for this card and win10. What drivers did you install?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

memodial
Paper Tape
Views: 1,367
Message 3 of 11

hi ! thanks for your reply.

i installed a package from Intel first : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/fr/product/59468/Intel-Centrino-Advanced-N-WiMAX-6250-double-bande

the version 17.16 i guess.

then i download one from Lenovo dupport website

http://support.lenovo.com/fr/fr/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x23...

version 7.5 .

Both.

I've checked, as you recommend, on the Devices Manager and it appear on 'other devices' a unknown one : i was unable to update a driver from the right-click-mouse options.

it could be a wrong drive installed.. (?)

checking the thinkpad setup on BIOS, says:

Security /

I/O Ports : Ethernet LAN enable , Wireless LAN disable, WiMAX disable.. etc.

do you think is a wrong driver issue ?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,360
Message 4 of 11

Regarding the Intel's site - you had convinced there isn't win10 driver. The only way is to install win8.1 drivers in the compatibility mode. W/out warranty for success. But there is a chance.

Have a look at the unknown device again:
double click, Details tab, Option list, scroll it down for the Hardware ID item. Copy the value from the list below and past here. To make sure it's a wlan/wimax card.

Also, is there wlan/wimax device in the Network Adapters category? Have it yellow mark in the triangle?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,357
Message 5 of 11

Enable wlan device in the BIOS Setup. Don't touch the wimax one, it'll not work anyway.

Drivers don't influence for the BIOS Settings. It's a "hand made" behavior.

memodial
Paper Tape
Views: 1,337
Message 6 of 11

The unknown device seems to be something else, because the date of the event is december 2015 (i installed the device yesterday) and his parent device installed ACPI/LEN0078 .. nothing about our issue i guess.

On the Network device, there's only the Intel Gigabit Connection (wich i'm using). But now, 30 min ago, after i relaunch my computer, i saw the WiMAX on the devices, as her alone, but after a litle while it dissapeared (might because of a excess of drivers allucination!)

So nothing very useful by this side...

memodial
Paper Tape
Views: 1,334
Message 7 of 11

On BIOS setup / Network, can i only see the Ethernet LAN... Then under Security / Port access items, the wlan is disable as i said before.. thanks for your help !
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,332
Message 8 of 11

Why didn't you provide exact ID string, for the unknown device? Not for a parent, but itself. It might be device that needs a special driver to control the radio under win10.

Again, enable wlan device in the BIOS Setup.

memodial
Paper Tape
Views: 1,319
Message 9 of 11

x220forme wrote:
Why didn't you provide exact ID string, for the unknown device?

>Do you mean? :
enumerateur : ACPI
ID device : 37427EDE
Hardware ID : device\0000002d 
my win10 is in french so might be no accurate my description..
ACPI\LEN0078\5&2890D699&0  ?

Again, enable wlan device in the BIOS Setup.

>how should i do that? because there's no way in the BIOS setup.
, in my case I can only see

Config / Network LAN

then,

Security /

I/O Ports : Ethernet LAN enable , Wireless LAN disable, WiMAX disable.. etc.

ACPI\LEN0078\5&2890D699&0

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,312
Message 10 of 11

For unknown device in the DM install this driver:
http://support.lenovo.com/uu/en/downloads/ds032422

It'll allow to control the wireless radio in the win10.

Regarding the BIOS Setup:
have a look at the post #2 above.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors